cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Posts: 4,613
Registered: ‎03-15-2011
Location: United States
Views: 276
Message 11 of 97

Re: ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)


KOLIO said:

OK,hopefully there's something I'm overlooking here.This isn't actually an O/S or Hardware issue,but......


I've been looking forward to using the CHROME browser & now that it's available for use on our tablets,this site/forum will not load.I'm having to use the stock browser or DOLPHIN to access the site.



 What problems are you having? I have no problems at all accessing this site using Chrome...

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Posts: 6,754
Registered: ‎02-27-2011
Location: United States
Views: 276
Message 12 of 97

Re: ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)


Mjnub said:

I found a trick to force the update this actually worked! You have try it atleast 10 or more times not on wifi turn it off. Let me know if it worked for you please. Step 1. goto settings, manage applications, select all and find Google Services Framework. Step 2. Clear all data and force stop. Step 3. Check for updates .

All,


This reported "trick" comes up every time time there is an upgrade. We don't know whether forcing closed the GS Framework can cause corruption to some upgrade images, so use this at your own risk! What this may do is cause the Google Services to check your current queu status, rather than rely on outdated cached server information. IF you are part of the release wave for that day, this MAY get you a true status quicker, but it will NOT change your selection status or what day you are selected to receive the upgrade.


I always seem to have a few people that end up with unique upgrade image issues (corruption) after using this method, but we don't know for sure that it is related or not (highly suspect though and NOT recommended by Google).


Again, use this method at your own risk.


-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Posts: 6,754
Registered: ‎02-27-2011
Location: United States
Views: 276
Message 13 of 97

Re: ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)


KOLIO said:

OK,hopefully there's something I'm overlooking here.This isn't actually an O/S or Hardware issue,but......


I've been looking forward to using the CHROME browser & now that it's available for use on our tablets,this site/forum will not load.I'm having to use the stock browser or DOLPHIN to access the site.


On a side note,just started getting Security Certificate warnings/errors for this site yesterday.No biggie,just wanted to put it out there for the MOTO XPRTS to pass along to the powers that be.



Hello KOLIO,


There was a site certificate issue a couple days ago that was corrected yesterday and should no longer cause an issue. There is also a known formatting issue (ticket currently still OPEN) that causes FireFox on my Windows PC and tablets to mess up the page formatting at the top and skew the rest of the page to the right. This same issue maybe affecting Chrome or ANY other browser out there, I have not tried them. Aside from this forum site, can you access other web sites using Chrome? If so, I would not worry about that issue until the formatting is fixed.


-Doc

KOLIO
Token Ring
Posts: 187
Registered: ‎10-29-2011
Location: United States
Views: 276
Message 14 of 97

Re: ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)


docbrown said:


KOLIO said:

OK,hopefully there's something I'm overlooking here.This isn't actually an O/S or Hardware issue,but......


I've been looking forward to using the CHROME browser & now that it's available for use on our tablets,this site/forum will not load.I'm having to use the stock browser or DOLPHIN to access the site.


On a side note,just started getting Security Certificate warnings/errors for this site yesterday.No biggie,just wanted to put it out there for the MOTO XPRTS to pass along to the powers that be.



Hello KOLIO,


There was a site certificate issue a couple days ago that was corrected yesterday and should no longer cause an issue. There is also a known formatting issue (ticket currently still OPEN) that causes FireFox on my Windows PC and tablets to mess up the page formatting at the top and skew the rest of the page to the right. This same issue maybe affecting Chrome or ANY other browser out there, I have not tried them. Aside from this forum site, can you access other web sites using Chrome? If so, I would not worry about that issue until the formatting is fixed.


-Doc



 Yeah,I see what you're talking about w/the page formatting,it's happening right now on my LAPDOCK,which has a FIREFOX browser.


As for the Security Certificate issues & CHROME not loading this site,it does work now,& I did experience similar issues w/other sites while using CHROME on the XYBOARD,but,I believe it was all a CHROME issue & not a hardware/firmware issue.


The stock browser is quicker & more responsive than CHROME on my XYBOARD.pages take way too long to open w/CHROME,compared to the stock browser.


Again,this is just my experience & others may not have this issue,just wanted to put it out there so those of us that do can share expeeriences & find the causes & remedies.

jim10
What's DOS?
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎07-18-2011
Location: United States
Views: 276
Message 15 of 97

Re: ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)

ICS is working fine, one issue. Using Outlook Exhange now gives the option of syncing tasks, notes, i have them selected in the settings but none are syncing. Is this an issue with my company's email server?

KOLIO
Token Ring
Posts: 187
Registered: ‎10-29-2011
Location: United States
Views: 276
Message 16 of 97

Re: ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)


jim10 said:

ICS is working fine, one issue. Using Outlook Exhange now gives the option of syncing tasks, notes, i have them selected in the settings but none are syncing. Is this an issue with my company's email server?



 FWIW,my OUTLOOK contacts are syncing just fine.I don't utilize the notes,tasks,etc...


If there's any way I can help w/troubleshooting,let me know.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Posts: 17,259
Registered: ‎02-03-2016
Location: US
Views: 276
Message 17 of 97

Re: ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)


*** said:

Yesterday, it said the upgrade was available. I downloaded it and it failed.  I downloaded again and it failed again.  I wiped/factory reset and now it says it's "up to date" and no updates are available!


Anyone know where the logs are for checking when an upgrade fails?  I've done it with my Razr when it failed to see what the hang up was, but don't see similiar on the XYBoard.  It just says it failed and nothing else....



 What version are you on?

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
krauseke
What's DOS?
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎01-18-2012
Location: United States
Views: 276
Message 18 of 97

Re: ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)

Worked for me today.  Factory reset was good anyway.  Very smooth, no reboots or locking up.  Love it.  Revived this tablet!

Mjnub
What's DOS?
Posts: 56
Registered: ‎09-23-2010
Location: United States
Views: 276
Message 19 of 97

Re: ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)


docbrown said:


Mjnub said:

I found a trick to force the update this actually worked! You have try it atleast 10 or more times not on wifi turn it off. Let me know if it worked for you please. Step 1. goto settings, manage applications, select all and find Google Services Framework. Step 2. Clear all data and force stop. Step 3. Check for updates .

All,


This reported "trick" comes up every time time there is an upgrade. We don't know whether forcing closed the GS Framework can cause corruption to some upgrade images, so use this at your own risk! What this may do is cause the Google Services to check your current queu status, rather than rely on outdated cached server information. IF you are part of the release wave for that day, this MAY get you a true status quicker, but it will NOT change your selection status or what day you are selected to receive the upgrade.


I always seem to have a few people that end up with unique upgrade image issues (corruption) after using this method, but we don't know for sure that it is related or not (highly suspect though and NOT recommended by Google).


Again, use this method at your own risk.


-Doc


 


I didn't know that but everything seems to be working fine, i was really anxious to get the update to I tried that and it worked. Can I delete the update and wait?



 

Mjnub
What's DOS?
Posts: 56
Registered: ‎09-23-2010
Location: United States
Views: 276
Message 20 of 97

Re: ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)

it says the build date is July 6th 13:01:33 CDT 2012? Is that what you have doc?