cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 326
Message 21 of 97

Re: ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)

I can tell you that once you upgrade you can't go back. If the software is corrupted you will need to send it in to be flashed. But if your phone has been working fine I would not worry.
docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 22 of 97

Mjnub said:

it says the build date is July 6th 13:01:33 CDT 2012? Is that what you have doc?

@Mjnub,

Yes, that is the same date and time stamp I have showing for this build.

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 23 of 97

Mjnub said:

I didn't know that but everything seems to be working fine, i was really anxious to get the update to I tried that and it worked. Can I delete the update and wait?

@Mjnub,

What do you mean by the "....delete the update and wait"?

-Doc

Mjnub
What's DOS?
Message 24 of 97

why cant i play videos from websites i have request as desktop checked off but there is a blue lego looking box?

Grizzlycal50
What's DOS?
Message 25 of 97

I recieved the update yesterday and the install went fine.  Seemed to be working ok all day.  This morning when I powered up I get the message "Unfortunately, Motorola Input has stopped". I have no keyboard now so it makes it a little hard to use.  The message just keeps popping up.  I have not installed any new apps since the upgrade.  Did a soft reset, no change.

System version 11.11.27.MZ617.Verizon.en.US
Model number MZ617
Android version 4.0.4
Build number 7.7.1-85_MZ617-27
Build date Fri Jul 6 13:01:35 CDT 2012

Xavier25
What's DOS?
Message 26 of 97

In need of help here... I've received the ICS update on my Xyboard 10.1. Everytime i try to install the upgrade it comes back saying the software upgrade "failed" to load. I've tried to load it at least 10 to 15 times without success. Should i do a hard reset? I've already tired a soft reset. Any suggestions would be greatly apprecited. 

Capt_D1
What's DOS?
Message 27 of 97

It kept failing with me yesterday. I had tried the trick and think that made it fail, i tried everything including clearing the cache but ended up having to do a factory restore to get to take.
docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 28 of 97

Xavier25 said:

In need of help here... I've received the ICS update on my Xyboard 10.1. Everytime i try to install the upgrade it comes back saying the software upgrade "failed" to load. I've tried to load it at least 10 to 15 times without success. Should i do a hard reset? I've already tired a soft reset. Any suggestions would be greatly apprecited. 

Hello Xavier25,

I can help you determine what is going on. Did you receive the upgrade through the normal OTA process? Were there any issues or interruptions during the download? Please send me a PM with the symptoms and include your Android version, Build, Model, Kernel, System version and MEID (you can find all those under the Settings). Using those details I will ask a Motorola Tech to pull the Google OTA server logs for your upgrade and they can see if everything worked correctly and determine the next steps..

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 29 of 97

Grizzlycal50 said:

I recieved the update yesterday and the install went fine.  Seemed to be working ok all day.  This morning when I powered up I get the message "Unfortunately, Motorola Input has stopped". I have no keyboard now so it makes it a little hard to use.  The message just keeps popping up.  I have not installed any new apps since the upgrade.  Did a soft reset, no change.

System version 11.11.27.MZ617.Verizon.en.US
Model number MZ617
Android version 4.0.4
Build number 7.7.1-85_MZ617-27
Build date Fri Jul 6 13:01:35 CDT 2012

Hello Grizzlycal50,

Is the input still not working (no touch recognition at all)? Have you tried shutting down the XYBoard (powering off completely) and then booting back up? If that does help, try a Forced Reset (holding down the UP volume and power together until the XYBoard reboots) and then recheck your issue again.

If you have an OTG USB cable and a USB mouse, you can navigate using that instead. Can you provide your MEID and kernel version in addition to the details above? I will send this over to a Motorola Tech and see what they (and Google) suggest.

-Doc

Xavier25
What's DOS?
Message 30 of 97

I ended up doing a hard reset which finally allowed the ICS upgrade to go through. Doc, i appreciate your message in trying to help out. This new system is pretty damn sweet.