cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KOLIO
Token Ring
Views: 294
Message 31 of 97

Re: ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)

Going on Day 4 w/ICS & all is well.One nice thing I've noticed is quicker boot-up/powering-on.Less than a minute,closer to 30 seconds.Start-up w/HONEYCOMB 3.2.2 wasn't all that slow,but,it's noticeably faster now.

Also tried the APEX & NOVA Launchers from the GOOGLE PLAY STORE.They're nice,but,I'm sticking w/HOLO LAUNCHER PLUS,mainly for the dock that is oriented on the volume & power button side of the screen/tablet.

I actually like the stock U/I,but it lacks this feature & virtual looping/scrolling of the desktop screens,as most(if not all) stock U/I do.

Mjnub
What's DOS?
Message 32 of 97

does anyone know why flash doesn't work on the stock browser and other browsers? it says looking for a plug in. also when i look for flash player in market nothing comes up and i also looked under my apps and there is no flash player 11.1

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 33 of 97

Mjnub said:

does anyone know why flash doesn't work on the stock browser and other browsers? it says looking for a plug in. also when i look for flash player in market nothing comes up and i also looked under my apps and there is no flash player 11.1

@Mjnub,

I believe that Adobe announced their end of support for Flash on Android a couple months ago and as a result, you cannot get Flash from the Market for new installs. They are still supporting existing installations for now. You can search for the Flash APK on the Internet and then side load it to your XYBoard. I think that's the only way to reinstall Flash presently, IMHO.

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 34 of 97

Xavier25 said:

I ended up doing a hard reset which finally allowed the ICS upgrade to go through. Doc, i appreciate your message in trying to help out. This new system is pretty damn sweet. 

@Xavier25,

You are quite welcome, I am always glad to help any way I can. I am glad to see you tried the Factory Reset and it worked, welcome to ICS!

-Doc

Grizzlycal50
What's DOS?
Message 35 of 97

docbrown said:

Grizzlycal50 said:

I recieved the update yesterday and the install went fine.  Seemed to be working ok all day.  This morning when I powered up I get the message "Unfortunately, Motorola Input has stopped". I have no keyboard now so it makes it a little hard to use.  The message just keeps popping up.  I have not installed any new apps since the upgrade.  Did a soft reset, no change.

System version 11.11.27.MZ617.Verizon.en.US
Model number MZ617
Android version 4.0.4
Build number 7.7.1-85_MZ617-27
Build date Fri Jul 6 13:01:35 CDT 2012

Hello Grizzlycal50,

Is the input still not working (no touch recognition at all)? Have you tried shutting down the XYBoard (powering off completely) and then booting back up? If that does help, try a Forced Reset (holding down the UP volume and power together until the XYBoard reboots) and then recheck your issue again.

If you have an OTG USB cable and a USB mouse, you can navigate using that instead. Can you provide your MEID and kernel version in addition to the details above? I will send this over to a Motorola Tech and see what they (and Google) suggest.

-Doc

Hey Doc

Yes it is working now.  I did try porwering off completely and forced reset but that did not help.  What I did was go into settings , apps and disable the Motorola input app and rebooted.  That stopped the messages from popping up.  Then I enabled the Motorola input app and rebooted and that seemed to fix it. The keyboard came back.  What I noticed was that I now have the new keyboard layout.  The day I received the upgrade the keyboard was still the old layout if that makes sense.  That night after the upgrade I powered off completely and when I powered up the next morning is when I started getting the input stopped message.  It has been fine so far. 

Thanks for the reply.

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 36 of 97

Grizzlycal50 said:

Hey Doc

Yes it is working now.  I did try porwering off completely and forced reset but that did not help.  What I did was go into settings , apps and disable the Motorola input app and rebooted.  That stopped the messages from popping up.  Then I enabled the Motorola input app and rebooted and that seemed to fix it. The keyboard came back.  What I noticed was that I now have the new keyboard layout.  The day I received the upgrade the keyboard was still the old layout if that makes sense.  That night after the upgrade I powered off completely and when I powered up the next morning is when I started getting the input stopped message.  It has been fine so far. 

Thanks for the reply.

@Grizzlycal50,

I am glad you were able to resolve the issue. Please let me know if you need additional assistance.

-Doc

BillyB
What's DOS?
Message 37 of 97

I am not sure why it is so difficult to log on to this forum (at least for me.)  I can't on any of my MOTOROLA tablets and struggled to on my home computer with IE9 but could with Chrome.  Any way...

I have downloaded ICS to my LTE Droid Xyboard and it is much more stable, seems faster/smoother, and so am generally happy with the upgrade.

HOWEVER, I have been waiting for ICS because Motorola was supposed to upgrade these tablets with enhanced exchange support to include tasks and notes.  Unfortunately, I can't find a way to see either my tasks or notes on a stock app within the Xyboard. They are now syncing, or atleast the option is checked in my accounts setttings. 

I called motorola support and the questions was supposed to be elevated to their tier 3 support but no one ever got back to me.  Which, was a little annoying.

QUESTION: how do I see my Exchange Tasks on the Xyboard?

jim10
What's DOS?
Message 38 of 97

I have the same question. I am able to sync outlook tasks when I upgraded my MAXX, same applies. On the phone under settings my exchange email is listed, missing on my tablet.
BillyB
What's DOS?
Message 39 of 97

Jim,

My tablet is actually showing that it is synching tasks and notes within exchange.  I just can't see them using the stock tasks app.  It only allows me to see and create "device" apps.  Those don't include my exchange tasks and aren't seen on other devices.  If that makes sense.

KOLIO
Token Ring
Message 40 of 97

docbrown said:

Mjnub said:

@Mjnub,

I believe that Adobe announced their end of support for Flash on Android a couple months ago and as a result, you cannot get Flash from the Market for new installs. They are still supporting existing installations for now. You can search for the Flash APK on the Internet and then side load it to your XYBoard. I think that's the only way to reinstall Flash presently, IMHO.

-Doc

I just realized ADOBE FLASH wasn't installed after the update to ANDROID 4.0.4

Found a direct link to d/l & installed from their website.Lotta different versions,just scroll down until you find the version for ANDROID 4.0 & click on the link & you're good to go.