cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
ndschweiger
What's DOS?
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎08-27-2012
Location: United States
Views: 284
Message 41 of 97

Re: ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)

I am having issues logging into my VPN. It takes a number of time before it will connect. When I do get connected my tablet then restarts. This all has happened when I did the ICS update. I have no other apps running when I go to start my VPN. I have tried to connect to my VPN number of times and the tablet keeps restarting after I get connected. I have not found a fix other then not to connect to the VPN.

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Posts: 6,754
Registered: ‎02-27-2011
Location: United States
Views: 284
Message 42 of 97

Re: ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)


ndschweiger said:

I am having issues logging into my VPN. It takes a number of time before it will connect. When I do get connected my tablet then restarts. This all has happened when I did the ICS update. I have no other apps running when I go to start my VPN. I have tried to connect to my VPN number of times and the tablet keeps restarting after I get connected. I have not found a fix other then not to connect to the VPN.



@ndschweiger,


Are you using secure certificates for your VPN connection and if so, have you confirmed that they are still accessible or tried reinstalling them locally?


-Doc



rwh747
What's DOS?
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎06-21-2012
Location: United States
Views: 284
Message 43 of 97

Re: ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)

I have to say that I have had no issues since the upgrade. I have the 10.1 LTE and it is soooo much smoother than before it's hard to believe it's the same tablet.
docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Posts: 6,754
Registered: ‎02-27-2011
Location: United States
Views: 284
Message 44 of 97

Re: ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)


rwh747 said:

I have to say that I have had no issues since the upgrade. I have the 10.1 LTE and it is soooo much smoother than before it's hard to believe it's the same tablet.

Hello rwh747,


Thanks for posting your update and experience so far with ICS. I am glad to hear that everything has been smooth and without any issues.


-Doc


 

jim10
What's DOS?
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎07-18-2011
Location: United States
Views: 284
Message 45 of 97

Re: ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)

Exchange Tasks Outlook. I uninstalled my exchange account and reinstalled. My Exchange tasks now show up in the stock app.
docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Posts: 6,754
Registered: ‎02-27-2011
Location: United States
Views: 284
Message 46 of 97

Re: ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)


jim10 said:

Exchange Tasks Outlook. I uninstalled my exchange account and reinstalled. My Exchange tasks now show up in the stock app.

@Jim10,


Thank you for providing an update and the solution that worked for you. Please let us know if you run into any other issues.


-Doc


 

BillyB
What's DOS?
Posts: 27
Registered: ‎01-31-2012
Location: United States
Views: 284
Message 47 of 97

Re: ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)

Jim,


thank you for that suggestion, it worked

Motorola support is awful. The first call I made was answered by someone who clearly wasn't listening to anything I was saying throughout the call. After a few attempts at answering questions that I hadn't asked he finally told me to wait and put me on a lengthy hold, which wouldn't have been bad except he came back and tried to dismisses me with "after confirming with my supervisor, the Xyboard is not designed to sync exchange tasks. " I asked him why then are they shown as syncing? He gave up (blew me off) and saidfurther discussions had to be elevated to a tier 3 person who never called me back. Nice work guys.

I do love the updates. The chrome changes, smoothness, and the fact I no longer need to run third party apps for my corporate sync.
KOLIO
Token Ring
Posts: 187
Registered: ‎10-29-2011
Location: United States
Views: 284
Message 48 of 97

Re: ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)

 I'm really liking the option in the BROWSER settings to REQUEST DESKTOP SITE while browsing.
Is there any way to make this the default action
,instead of having to select it every time you open up the BROWSER?
JJBeanMZ
What's DOS?
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎08-04-2012
Location: United States
Views: 284
Message 49 of 97

Re: ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)

This is my issue:


ge 1/1
E:Cant open /cache/recovery/caller
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update....
Verifying current system...
assert failed:apply_patch_check ("/system/app/GoToMeeting.apk""e3888eb0e5a8d8a23ff3dfc6cbaccad7e00891d59",


"ba961bd317a3e1ffd75ef7c08fcacb4f9999dc7")
E:Error in /cache/Blur_Version.13.5.3MZ615.Retail.en.US.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I've done full wipes, wipe cache through ASR and also through the settings / privacy area to do a factory reset and now I get this error and I've done this 4 times still no luck. What's my next step?


Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Posts: 13,135
Registered: ‎02-02-2016
Location: US
Views: 284
Message 50 of 97

Re: ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)


JJBeanMZ said:

This is my issue:


ge 1/1
E:Cant open /cache/recovery/caller
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update....
Verifying current system...
assert failed:apply_patch_check ("/system/app/GoToMeeting.apk""e3888eb0e5a8d8a23ff3dfc6cbaccad7e00891d59",


"ba961bd317a3e1ffd75ef7c08fcacb4f9999dc7")
E:Error in /cache/Blur_Version.13.5.3MZ615.Retail.en.US.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I've done full wipes, wipe cache through ASR and also through the settings / privacy area to do a factory reset and now I get this error and I've done this 4 times still no luck. What's my next step?




 I just posted an answer on the other thread in reply to your post.