cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aslicestidz
What's DOS?
Views: 496
Message 71 of 97

Re: ICS Upgrade Issues, Questions and Tips (official)

Doc,

Are you still helping people with the "Installation Aborted" issue?  I just bought a refurbished model and it won't install the update.  The update that it is trying to download is: 11.7.279.en.US and it says it is 84.8 MB.  It downloads and then restarts the tablet and I get the Android with the exclamation mark.  If I press the 2 volume buttons I get a very similar error message to JMacFearson:

ge0/0

E: Can't open /cache/recovery/caller

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

Installing update...

assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop","ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/pasteur/pasteur:3.2/1.6.0M-218.14-MZ617/5465883:user/release-keys" ||      file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/pasteur/pasteur:3.2.2/1.6.0M_279_MZ617/305:user/release-keys"

E:Error in /cache/Blur_Version.11.5.14.MZ617.Verizon.en.US.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

I have not purchased a SIM card for it, if that is even relevant.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 72 of 97

null

Doc,

Are you still helping people with the "Installation Aborted" issue?  I just bought a refurbished model and it won't install the update.  The update that it is trying to download is: 11.7.279.en.US and it says it is 84.8 MB.  It downloads and then restarts the tablet and I get the Android with the exclamation mark.  If I press the 2 volume buttons I get a very similar error message to JMacFearson:

ge0/0

E: Can't open /cache/recovery/caller

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

Installing update...

assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop","ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/pasteur/pasteur:3.2/1.6.0M-218.14-MZ617/5465883:user/release-keys" ||      file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/pasteur/pasteur:3.2.2/1.6.0M_279_MZ617/305:user/release-keys"

E:Error in /cache/Blur_Version.11.5.14.MZ617.Verizon.en.US.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

I have not purchased a SIM card for it, if that is even relevant.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View original

Hello aslicetidz,

Yes, I am always here to help in any way I can. I think we will need to first look at your OTA communication logs. Can you please send me a PM with the following details (you find them in the Settings): Android version, Build, Model, Kernel version, MEID and registered name? Are you using WiFi to download the upgrade and have you checked to make sure the connection is reliable?

-Doc

aslicestidz
What's DOS?
Message 73 of 97

[removed]

• Edited for posting excessive information on, links to or promotion of hacking or other activities that violate device warranty  – please follow our site rules.

EvilDatamonkey
What's DOS?
Message 74 of 97

Doc,

Was wondering if I could also ask you to check on my issue. I did the same thing aslicestidz and got a refurbished one  and I cant get it up update. I getting the same problem and same error code. Though I have gotten my SIM chip so I do have 4G.

If you need me to send the same info I can.

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 75 of 97

null

Doc,

Was wondering if I could also ask you to check on my issue. I did the same thing aslicestidz and got a refurbished one  and I cant get it up update. I getting the same problem and same error code. Though I have gotten my SIM chip so I do have 4G.

If you need me to send the same info I can.

View original

Hello EvilDatamonkey,

Yes, please send me the same information via PM. After receiving the details, I will check with a Motorola Tech to have your communication logs reviewed to see why the upgrade is failing.

-Doc

EvilDatamonkey
What's DOS?
Message 76 of 97

Doc Did you get my information I PMed you?

lovely-dilip
What's DOS?
Message 77 of 97

Here I uploaded the droid xyboard 10.1 inches genuine flash player.As I interacted with customer care she said adobe has stopped programing flash player for ics thats the reason they removed it. Here I uploaded download it
http://rapidshare.com/files/2480601893/Adobe%20Flash%20Player%2011.1%2011.1.115.37_111115037.apk
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 78 of 97

It may still not work as some browsers have moved away from it. So you may need to try other browsers in the playstore.

lovely-dilip
What's DOS?
Message 79 of 97

but u can play everything in the default browser which is html5 it supports with the above flash player which is genuine

lovely-dilip
What's DOS?
Message 80 of 97

Eagle328