Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveDROID XYBOARD 10.1 by MOTOROLA
All Forum Topics
Options

24 Posts

02-09-2012

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 11 of 61

Re: Random reboots

2012-02-09, 15:03 PM

No.  Just what was on the device.

Options

134 Posts

10-22-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 12 of 61

2012-02-09, 17:15 PM

I have good days and I have bad days... its very random...

I'm still convinced its a memory issue... seems when the device's memory is overloaded, thats when it will decide to reboot, haven't been able to nail down one app... the stock browser is definitely a culprit, so instead I use Opera Mobile and Maxthon browser.  But I've had it reboot, while in the market, and in google maps, and even when the device is just sitting there!

Again, its not AWFUL... but it is a problem.

Options

24 Posts

02-09-2012

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 13 of 61

2012-02-20, 8:56 AM

Since I posted my complaint about reboots a while back, it never happened again.  I haven't done anything different and haven't deleted or stopped using anything.  Like taking your car to a mechanic because of a noise and then it stops when you get it there.  Oh well, I don't know why it stopped but I'm glad that it did.  Maybe it got scared because I snitched on it?!?!

Options

134 Posts

10-22-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 14 of 61

2012-02-20, 21:06 PM

Glad to hear it eh33...  Thats awesome!  

I think using Maxthon Mobile and Opera Mobile as my browsers have definitely added more stability to my device!

Let me ask you this though, have you had any problems with the brightness settings?  Like the tablet would automatically change the brightness to the maximum - even if you have auto-brightness turned off?

Options

24 Posts

02-09-2012

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 15 of 61

2012-02-20, 23:08 PM

Not that I have noticed.  But then again, that is something that could have happened and I would not have noticed it since I am always going back and forth between automatic and manual.   As for the reboots, I have not used any browser other than the stock browser.  In fact, the reboots only happened for about two days about a week into owning the tablet and then stopped.  I did nothing different before, during or after.  Gremlins???

I went back and forth between changing over from the xoom and keeping the xoom before finally deciding to make the change. I loved the xoom but, I must say, I love the xyboard even more.  It was a tough decision in the beginning between the xoom and the ipad.  There are apps for the ipad that I really want but are not available on the android platform.  That being said, the xyboard leveled the field between android and ipad as far as the birhgtness and sharpness of the display as well as how thin and sleek the xyboard is.  I'm sure that at some point the apps will catch up and I will remain patient.  All in all, I love my xyboard.  Now if zagg will make a screen protector to fit it I will come close to Nirvana...lol

Options

13 Posts

02-21-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 16 of 61

2012-02-24, 7:38 AM

I have started seeing these unexplainable reboots on my 10.1 xyboard in the last few weeks.  Like eh33, I had it reboot on me several times last night only after entering the unlock PIN.  This was before I had a chance to launch any program so I don't know how it could be an overloaded memory condition.

I have also noticed that it often seems to be using the battery faster than the charger can charge it.  When it was randomly rebooting on me last night, the battery showed about 20% and was wondering if it was shutting down because of the battery charge even though I had it plugged into the charger at the time.  I am not convinced that the battery charge it is showing is accurate.  When I began to write this post, the battery was showing 20%.  I just rechecked it and now it shows 100%.  I use the charger it came with because with any other charger, it tells me that it is charging at a slower rate.  Has anyone else noticed strange battery charging behavior?

Options

24 Posts

02-09-2012

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 17 of 61

2012-02-24, 15:21 PM
 I'm just curious. For those that had the reboot problems, it seems from the posts that the problem started shortly after buying the units and then cleared up on its own after a short time, which is exactly what happened to me. Is that the case and, if so, I am wondering if Matt or anyone else has an explanation. Either way, I'm certainly glad that it stopped on its own.
Options

13 Posts

02-21-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 18 of 61

2012-02-24, 17:14 PM
 The random reboots I have experienced just started happening recently. I got the xyboard in December and didn't see this happening until the last couple weeks.
Options

11 Posts

12-25-2011

Denmark

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 19 of 61

2012-02-25, 16:14 PM
 my reboots are present when i use firefox, aurora, default browser or whatever. reboots have been present since day one and are still frequent. now I will return the device for "repairs" (not really sure what they plan on repairing).

if the problem continues with the repaired device, i will have my money back and go for a device with that will be upgraded to ICS before i retire or die.
Options

134 Posts

10-22-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 20 of 61

2012-02-27, 17:06 PM

I can't seem to find any clear pattern, sometimes my reboots are every day, sometimes every other day, sometimes with the browser, sometimes with the market, sometimes while the device is just sitting there being unused, just don't know what to make of this.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms