Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveDROID XYBOARD 10.1 by MOTOROLA
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

03-28-2012

Brazil

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 41 of 61

Re: Random reboots

2012-04-05, 2:22 AM

docbrown said:

sidmoraes said:

I can see 71oC, after thar my tablet reboot. I realy put my tablet in a refrigerator!

If you realy need to use your tablet, get root, and kill a process called "battd", your tablet will not charge, but you can use your tablet.

I don't believe that motorola don't know this issue, they will sell this tablet in my country, only after summer, what did you think about this?

My son has a xoom, my daughter has a galaxy tab 7, and I have a xyboard 10.1 and a galaxy S, and I will don't need another motorola in my life.

Realy, Samsung rocks. Try it and you never return to motorola.

As a decisor, I will never purchase another motorola in my company.

In another post I will send a photo of my tablet reboot.

@sidmoraes,

Rather than kill the battery charging app/process, why not just not plug in the charger? Doesn't that basically do the same thing - no charging and less heat? At 71 Celsius, that would be over 150 degrees F, which is pushing the thermal limits. It seems odd to me that my own Droid XYBoard does not get this hot, even when charging. Is your power source 220V or 110V? What is the ambient temperature in your location?

-Doc

I am from Brazil. I have 26 ~ 30 Celsius degrees. I use a 110V power source.

I read 71 Celsius degrees in my tablet with a software before my tablet reboot.

I need somebody to validate a solution:

- Root your tablet ( http://vulnfactory.org/blog/2012/02/17/rooting-the-xyboardxoom-2/ )

- Install Voltage Control ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.darekxan.voltagecontrol )

- Change your CPU Governor to "ondemand"

- Save this as "boot setting"

Give to us your feedback.

I believe that we have some trouble with a CPU Governor called "mot_hotplug", default of our tablet.

Options

60 Posts

09-24-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 42 of 61

2012-04-09, 8:50 AM
 man these random reboots are getting to me now it's happening more frequently is there a fix for this? Is Motorola paying attention and doing something about this? Or should i just throw in the towel and get a galaxy ...
Options

11 Posts

12-25-2011

Denmark

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 43 of 61

2012-04-10, 9:18 AM

I too an getting fed up with this passivity, I returned my tablet for the second time last week.

I tried getting my money back, but they would not agree, so here I am again, I for one will never buy a motorolla product again if the band does not start playing a different tune.

And as it takes ONE WHOLE month to complete the send-it-back-we-reset-it-and-return-it cycle I have now owned a tablet since christmas, which is aproximately 3 months, and not had it at my disposal for one month that is 33% downtime. Next time I get it back I will have 50% down time (owned 4 months returned for repairs 2 months).

Even more annoyingly it cost me 300 dkk (50$) to return the tablet. So to sum up:

I own a tablet which but I dont have a tablet 50% of the time

It cost me money on top of the purchase price to return the tablet, so it is effectively more expensive than the competitors

The tablet that i bought is still advertised with "we scream ICECREAM" and I still do

If it helps motorolla I will happily send my tablet to the US, in return for an other example, then you have some hardware that with absolute certainty will crash.

Options

6817 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 44 of 61

2012-04-16, 19:12 PM

Mjnub said:

man these random reboots are getting to me now it's happening more frequently is there a fix for this? Is Motorola paying attention and doing something about this? Or should i just throw in the towel and get a galaxy ...

@Mjnub,

I own the XYBoard 10.1 tablet loaded with over 200+ apps (I usually only install ~150 at one time) and have yet to experience even one FC or reboot during day-to-day use. I also own a Xoom LTE and Xoom FE (for my kids) and on any of those three tablets, the only times that reboots or FCs have been an issue is when an application is causing a conflict or OS instability. I usually notice the culprit right after installation, but a couple trickier ones required me to use the app "SystemPanel" to identify (by process of elimination). One other common issue is the stock Google browser - it has a known memory leak (which still exists with ICS), so if you are using it to surf the web, I'd suggest installing something else like Dolphin HD (or Pad), Maxthon or Boat browser instead.

Please let me know more about your situation and let's see if we can pinpoint the root cause.

-Doc

Options

6817 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 45 of 61

2012-04-16, 19:18 PM

reload said:

I too an getting fed up with this passivity, I returned my tablet for the second time last week.

I tried getting my money back, but they would not agree, so here I am again, I for one will never buy a motorolla product again if the band does not start playing a different tune.

And as it takes ONE WHOLE month to complete the send-it-back-we-reset-it-and-return-it cycle I have now owned a tablet since christmas, which is aproximately 3 months, and not had it at my disposal for one month that is 33% downtime. Next time I get it back I will have 50% down time (owned 4 months returned for repairs 2 months).

Even more annoyingly it cost me 300 dkk (50$) to return the tablet. So to sum up:

I own a tablet which but I dont have a tablet 50% of the time

It cost me money on top of the purchase price to return the tablet, so it is effectively more expensive than the competitors

The tablet that i bought is still advertised with "we scream ICECREAM" and I still do

If it helps motorolla I will happily send my tablet to the US, in return for an other example, then you have some hardware that with absolute certainty will crash.

Greetings reload,

Ditto on my message Mjnub, unexpected reboots are not normal and usually are caused by rogue apps or other software anomalies that cause the tablet to react in this manner. It can be hardware related as well, but that is very rare (IMHO) and less likely to occur. As you reinstall apps on your latest tablet, please keep in mind that one of them could be causing your reboots.

-Doc

Options

60 Posts

09-24-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 46 of 61

2012-04-17, 6:22 AM
 ok doc I'll give it a shot, but i love the stock browser lol
Options

11 Posts

12-25-2011

Denmark

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 47 of 61

2012-04-19, 7:34 AM

docbrown said:

Greetings reload,

Ditto on my message Mjnub, unexpected reboots are not normal and usually are caused by rogue apps or other software anomalies that cause the tablet to react in this manner. It can be hardware related as well, but that is very rare (IMHO) and less likely to occur. As you reinstall apps on your latest tablet, please keep in mind that one of them could be causing your reboots.

-Doc

Hello Doc

Thanks for trying to help me, it really is appriciated. However I already tried installing firefox and aurora, who also both have the problem. Also I dont have this crazy need for installing hundreds of apps, and most of those who are installed I dont use, I just want to surf. So when the tablet reboots, I wait and start the browser again (whichever browser I was using before, pick one) and go where I left off.

I tried all the things in this thread, and now i just want motorola to do something to this problem. I'm not sure they know, but in denmark warrenty covers both the physical product, and the software that is delivered with it. And since the stock browser is delivered with the product, they better make it work, and as far as I am conserned, they saddle them horses

Options

6817 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 48 of 61

2012-04-20, 3:45 AM

reload said:

docbrown said:

Greetings reload,

-Doc

Hello Doc

Thanks for trying to help me, it really is appriciated. However I already tried installing firefox and aurora, who also both have the problem. Also I dont have this crazy need for installing hundreds of apps, and most of those who are installed I dont use, I just want to surf. So when the tablet reboots, I wait and start the browser again (whichever browser I was using before, pick one) and go where I left off.

I tried all the things in this thread, and now i just want motorola to do something to this problem. I'm not sure they know, but in denmark warrenty covers both the physical product, and the software that is delivered with it. And since the stock browser is delivered with the product, they better make it work, and as far as I am conserned, they saddle them horses

Hello again reload,

I don't know how a warranty is applied when third party apps can always cause these types of situations. This is a user support forum and my goal is to help users and owners (like yourself) resolve their issues. As volunteer SMEs, we don't work for Motorola nor are affiliated with them, so if you are looking for Motorola to take a specific action, I would suggest calling their customer service center and voicing your expectations.

From a technical perspective, it sounds like your rebooting issue is still related to some type of application issue (there are some on the Market that have been causing issues and reported here in the forums). The quickest way to prove that theory would be to perform a Factory Reset, which sets the tablet back to a stock (factory fresh) state with nothing but the OS and base apps installed. If you then use the tablet without installing anything and your reboots go away, it was caused by an app. If the problem remains, you likely have some tablet issue that requires servicing.

-Doc

Options

134 Posts

10-22-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 49 of 61

2012-04-20, 3:54 AM

Well,  I can honestly say, I finally have my Xyboard running EXACTLY how I want it to!  

Well almost exactly....

Stopped using stock browser, primarily using Dolphin Browser HD

Stopped using Google Maps, primarily using Mapquest

Using a memory manager which has been helping actually

My reboots have GREATLY decreased and seem to be happening once or twice a week at most (at least to my knowing, sometimes it reboots while its sitting there, so maybe its rebooting while I'm not using it), but its hardly as bad as it was before!

Couple all this with the fact that its starting to support more Gameloft games.... and that makes me happy Camper :-D

Options

6817 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 50 of 61

2012-04-20, 4:20 AM

bigach said:

Well,  I can honestly say, I finally have my Xyboard running EXACTLY how I want it to!  

Well almost exactly....

Stopped using stock browser, primarily using Dolphin Browser HD

Stopped using Google Maps, primarily using Mapquest

Using a memory manager which has been helping actually

My reboots have GREATLY decreased and seem to be happening once or twice a week at most (at least to my knowing, sometimes it reboots while its sitting there, so maybe its rebooting while I'm not using it), but its hardly as bad as it was before!

Couple all this with the fact that its starting to support more Gameloft games.... and that makes me happy Camper :-D

Hello bigach,

I am glad to hear it is now meeting your expectations, though I am still puzzled why your tablet is even rebooting 1-2 times a week when mine never reboots on its own. I still suspect you have some rogue app or conflict on your tablet that is creating those reboots, but if it is tolerable, perhaps it will go away when we are updated to ICS.

-Doc

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms