Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Naturalist1
What's DOS?
Views: 165
Message 11 of 13

Re: Too late to Buy a XYBoard?

NWKENT.  Thanks for the reply.  I assume next launcher 3D is an app, and sounds like something i'd be interested in.  Did you happen to see my comment regarding a possible repair of the usb/hdmi  cable you pictured.  it's posted in the comment about charging problems.  if you/me/any of us develop the discribed problem it may save the device.  I think damage to the connection at the receptor is the most likely failure point of this tablet.  I posted elswhere here that I bought the 90 degree micro usb cable connector mentioned by someone (can't leave this post to find out and give credit) and I think it will help to prevent damage to the receptor.  It is a motorola part and was probably developed because Moto recognized a weakness in the link here.  I hope we can all keep these great devices working without major issues.  I hope Moto is listning!  

Not applicable
Message 12 of 13

Thank You Sir..

Yes..Next Launcher and Next Launcher 3D is an App, avaiable in the Play Store, there is a free version, I purchased the Full version after a few hours of us with the free version, I love these Apps. A huge inhancement for our XYB's..In the photo I posted earlier, the left lower tablet in running 'Go Launcher' with live wallpaper, the other three are running 'Next Launcher' with live wallpaper, I performed extensive testing, comparing live wallpaper battery use, compared to regular wallpaper, and device lag with live rwallpaper, the results where surprising..So I run live wallpaper,

Absolutly, I have printed your suggested fix for the charge port, and certainly will use your awesome idea if needed in the future, fortunatly my ports are all functioning properly, due to newness of the devices, but..certainly, I will need help in the future, if we cannot find new replacement ports, I have purchased a couple XYB's from EBay, NOT working, Sold as is..and removed the port for later use when these begin to give trouble beyound your repair suggestion..

THANK YOU

Not applicable
Message 13 of 13

OH..BTW..'Next Launcher 3D' version is not yet working on our XYB's as I can tell..I'm running 'Next Launcher' on my tablets..I have tried the 3D version without success, soon maybe the DEV. will have the 3D version for tablets, But..the 3D version is AWESOME on my RAZR Maxx's..

Also I posted a picture of the cable I use for external storage in another thread, is this the same cable you have purchased, or is there another I'm unaware of, could you post a picture please, if yours is not the same..

Thank You My Fellow XYB'er