Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FloodRunner
What's DOS?
Views: 274
Message 1 of 4

USB Port won't recognize external drives

Hi all.  I have a two year old Xyboard 10.1, OS ver 4.0.4 that the USB port has stopped working.  It'll take a charge just fine but no matter what combo of cords and readers and cards or drives I've connected to it "storage" doesn't recognize there's an external drive connected and won't offer me the option to mount it.  Any suggestions or is this a "return to manufacturer" problem?

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 4

Re: USB Port won't recognize external drives

Hello FloodRunner,

I just ran across your post on this issue. Have you resolved this issue yet? If not, have you tried a Factory Reset (erases all apps and data and returns the XYBoard to a factory fresh state)?

-Doc

FloodRunner
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

Hey Doc,

Thanks for reaching out.  Problem is solved now but FYI it required replacing the hardware module that includes both the USB and HDMI ports.  For some reason it quit working.  I wasn' t real happy about giving Moto another $160 but turn around was under a week, which is pretty good.

Greg

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 4 of 4

FloodRunner said:

Hey Doc,

Thanks for reaching out.  Problem is solved now but FYI it required replacing the hardware module that includes both the USB and HDMI ports.  For some reason it quit working.  I wasn' t real happy about giving Moto another $160 but turn around was under a week, which is pretty good.

Greg

View original

@FloodRunner,

Thanks for sharing your update on this issue. I am glad you were able to get it fixed through servicing, though outside the warranty. Please let us know if we can help you further and thanks for being part of our online community!

-Doc