Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
friarshuck
What's DOS?
Views: 481
Message 91 of 103

Re: XYBoard 10.1 Jelly Bean Waiting Room [Official]

Hello Doc,

I guess I have no idea how to send you a PM. I've clicked on your avatar but see no way to send a PM. You have a nice profile though.

Thanks,

Darrell

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 92 of 103

friarshuck said:

Hello Doc,

I guess I have no idea how to send you a PM. I've clicked on your avatar but see no way to send a PM. You have a nice profile though.

Thanks,

Darrell

View original

Hello friarshuck,

When you click on my Avatar, there is an option right under the word "Profile" that says "Send DocBrown a Message", which opens a new PM to me. Here is what is looks like under your profile screen:

That starts a PM thread that allows us to privately share messages between us. If you still have issues, I can send you a PM instead. Sending a PM is an essential way to communicate directly (and privately) with any other member here.

-Doc

mcmerk
What's DOS?
Message 93 of 103

I just bought one of these today and id like to get the update.

Steve55
What's DOS?
Message 94 of 103

hi i also am unable to get the update it says no update available i did a factory reset and waited 72 hrs still nothing. whats the answer to get this update

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 95 of 103

mcmerk said:

I just bought one of these today and id like to get the update.

View original

Hello mcmerk,

First try rebooting your XYBoard and then check for updates for 48-72 hours. If you do not receive the upgrade prompt, I next try a Factory Reset (make sure to backup any data first, since this will erase your tablet) and see if that triggers the update. You will need to wait at least another 48 hours for the OTA servers to cycle.

If you are not offered the update after those two steps, please send me a PM and I will be glad to help you through the re-flashing process.

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 96 of 103

Steve said:

hi i also am unable to get the update it says no update available i did a factory reset and waited 72 hrs still nothing. whats the answer to get this update

View original

Hello Steve,

Please send me a PM (Private Message) and I will walk you through Motorola's re-flashing process to get your tablet upgraded to Android 4.1.2.

-Doc

Mercon
What's DOS?
Message 97 of 103

My XYboard got about 3/4 way through The update and bricked. I NEED my tablet! I have business info on it that I just compiled today and hadn't had time to back up. How can Motorola release an update that has caused so many problems with so many devices? A quick perusal through this forum shows how widespread this issue is. My device is LOCKED. I try to reboot and the backlight stays on indefinitely, but nothing happens. I am seriously upset! I held volume up and powered on, nothing. Held volume down and got the message that the battery is OK, device is LOCKED. IF I can get to a computer and IF the data cable stays motionless when plugged in and doesn't wiggle and lose connection because of a faulty plug, another widespread issue Moto will not address directly, then what package or file do I run to flash it and wipe my data clean? It may be a loss, but at least the device might work again.
DroidudeAZ
SCSI Port
Message 98 of 103

Mercon, send Doc Brown a PM and he will help. You'll probably have to send it to the Motorola Service Center to be reflashed. The same thing happened to me in November. Doc took good care of me.

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 99 of 103

Mercon said:

My XYboard got about 3/4 way through The update and bricked. I NEED my tablet! I have business info on it that I just compiled today and hadn't had time to back up. How can Motorola release an update that has caused so many problems with so many devices? A quick perusal through this forum shows how widespread this issue is. My device is LOCKED. I try to reboot and the backlight stays on indefinitely, but nothing happens. I am seriously upset! I held volume up and powered on, nothing. Held volume down and got the message that the battery is OK, device is LOCKED. IF I can get to a computer and IF the data cable stays motionless when plugged in and doesn't wiggle and lose connection because of a faulty plug, another widespread issue Moto will not address directly, then what package or file do I run to flash it and wipe my data clean? It may be a loss, but at least the device might work again.View original

Hello Mercon,

DroidudeAZ is correct, I will be glad to help you sort this out and get your tablet fixed and updated. I have replied to your PM with the details and next steps.

-Doc

quinchwill
What's DOS?
Message 100 of 103

I have tried all of the steps... please send me info on how to re flash.  Moto told me I must pay $150 to have them do the update.  I do not understand why I must pay for a Verizon/Moto error. Please advise...