Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ecrunion
Punch Card
Views: 449
Message 21 of 103

Re: XYBoard 10.1 Jelly Bean Waiting Room [Official]

DWC said:

Oddly enough after having my tablet off for a few days and then powering it on yesterday I got prompted for the update but when I checked to download it, it did not download and now when I check for updates I get nothing. What gives?

View original

I can't confirm this at all, but it appears that Motorola pulled the update.  The update was indeed released, but there are numerous reports of the update bricking tablets, like it did mine.  

I really wish we would get more confirmation or a fix for this issue.  The tablet I use everyday is just a paperweight now because of an update sent OTA.

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 22 of 103

Ecrunion said:

DWC said:

Oddly enough after having my tablet off for a few days and then powering it on yesterday I got prompted for the update but when I checked to download it, it did not download and now when I check for updates I get nothing. What gives?

View original

I can't confirm this at all, but it appears that Motorola pulled the update.  The update was indeed released, but there are numerous reports of the update bricking tablets, like it did mine.  

I really wish we would get more confirmation or a fix for this issue.  The tablet I use everyday is just a paperweight now because of an update sent OTA.

View original

Hello Ecrunion,

Sorry for your update issues, but I will be glad to help you get your tablet fixed and updated. Please send me a Private Message with your details and I will help you through the process of getting your tablet working.

Regarding the update, it has not been pulled and has been publicly released.

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 23 of 103

DWC said:

View original

Hello DWC,

The public release has occurred for this update, so it sounds like your tablet is having an issue with the OTA distribution. I would first reboot the tablet by powering off and then back on and then wait 24-48 hours to see if the update is offered again. If that does not work, you could try a Factory Reset (caution - this will set the tablet back to stock and require reinstalling/restoring apps and  data). The Factory Reset loads a fresh copy of your current OS image, which should trigger the update again within 24-48 hours. If that also does not work, then please send me a Private Message and I will help you get the tablet reflashed to the latest version quickly.

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 24 of 103

ExD508 said:

Same here, down loading update right now.

So far so good. I'll be looking to see if WiFi and LTE are more stable. Thanks Moto.View original

Hello ExD508,

Was your update completed successfully? Have you experienced any oither issues of have questions regarding the update?

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 25 of 103

NOTE TO ANYONE STILL WAITING FOR THIS UPDATE,

At this point, the OTA public release has completed for all qualifying Verizon XYBoard 10.1" tablets. If you own this model and have not received the update or failed the installation,  please reply to this thread now with your situation and current status. This will help me ensure that everyone gets this update installed successfully.

I will be setting up a new thread shortly for any 4.1.2 issues experienced after installation, tips, feedback and suggestions.

-Doc

benjamin19
What's DOS?
Message 26 of 103

Hey Doc, 

I have a 10.1.  My tablet is not getting the update.  I just did a factory reset, checked, and still nothing.  As I noted earlier in this thread, I no longer have a SIM card in place, but you said this shouldn't matter.  

devante28
What's DOS?
Message 27 of 103

I also own a Droid Xyboard 10.1 and have not received the update. I did a factory reset,but still no luck. I am currently on 4.0.4. Please help.

Thanks Doc.

ryanori75
What's DOS?
Message 28 of 103

i also have z vzw xyboard 10.1 with 4.0.4   tried factory reboot no update available  

thx 

NosTek
What's DOS?
Message 29 of 103

Does voodoo ota work?

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 30 of 103

benjamin19 said:

Hey Doc, 

I have a 10.1.  My tablet is not getting the update.  I just did a factory reset, checked, and still nothing.  As I noted earlier in this thread, I no longer have a SIM card in place, but you said this shouldn't matter.  

View original

Hello benjamin19,

As long as you are connected to the Internet via WiFi, the SIM card does not matter. The OTA servers can take up to 48 hours to recognize your tablet after a Factory Reset. If you have waited more than a few days after the FR and still have received the update, then please send me a Private Message with the details and I will help you get the tablet reflashed.

-Doc