Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Views: 435
Message 31 of 103

Re: XYBoard 10.1 Jelly Bean Waiting Room [Official]

devante28 said:

I also own a Droid Xyboard 10.1 and have not received the update. I did a factory reset,but still no luck. I am currently on 4.0.4. Please help.

Thanks Doc.

View original

Hello devante28,

I had sent you a PM earlier with the details on next steps to try. Please let me know if that does not work so we can get your tablet reflashed.\

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 32 of 103

ryanori75 said:

i also have z vzw xyboard 10.1 with 4.0.4   tried factory reboot no update available  

thx 

View original

Hello ryanori75,

Have you waited at least 48 hours following a Factory reset to see if the update OTA is triggered by the servers? If so, please send me a PM so we can discuss next steps.

-Doc

ExD508
What's DOS?
Message 33 of 103

docbrown said:

ExD508 said:

Same here, down loading update right now.

So far so good. I'll be looking to see if WiFi and LTE are more stable. Thanks Moto.View original

Hello ExD508,

Was your update completed successfully? Have you experienced any oither issues of have questions regarding the update?

Doc, I have the download and everything seems to work okay.  I've noticed that swiping between screen pages to be not as smooth, especially if you have  a couple applications "open".  Also, menu items under Settings are slow to load.  I'm watching the battery to see if it is draining faster.  My device had 90% battery this morning and after about two hours of actve use it is down to 50%. Ep

View original

DWC
What's DOS?
Message 34 of 103

I performed a factory reset on mine last Thursday or Friday and still no update.  I tried to find out how to send a PM to you Docbrown, but can't figure out where that is at on the site here.

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 35 of 103

DWC said:

I performed a factory reset on mine last Thursday or Friday and still no update.  I tried to find out how to send a PM to you Docbrown, but can't figure out where that is at on the site here.

View original

Hello DWC,

To send me a PM, simply click on my Avatar (the wild professor with glasses?) and then select "send a PM", which will open a PM message window. This message system is internal to the forums, so be sure your external email is used to be notified when you get a reply.

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 36 of 103

ExD508 said:

docbrown said:

ExD508 said:

Same here, down loading update right now.

So far so good. I'll be looking to see if WiFi and LTE are more stable. Thanks Moto.View original

Hello ExD508,

Was your update completed successfully? Have you experienced any oither issues of have questions regarding the update?

Doc, I have the download and everything seems to work okay.  I've noticed that swiping between screen pages to be not as smooth, especially if you have  a couple applications "open".  Also, menu items under Settings are slow to load.  I'm watching the battery to see if it is draining faster.  My device had 90% battery this morning and after about two hours of actve use it is down to 50%. Ep

View original

View original

Hello ExD508,

Remember that directly after installing an Android update, your system will be busy with house cleaning and other background tasks that will slow down the processing and drain some battery to complete. After a few hours of this clean-up, you may want to reboot the tablet, since many owners report that speeds it back up significantly.  I have found that my battery life improved slightly (~10%) after this upgrade.

-Doc

thomas_smart
What's DOS?
Message 37 of 103

I have two Motorola XYBoard 10.1.  One has been updated to 4.1.2 and the other has not.  I tried to manually update by clicking Settings > About Tablet > System Updates but it says that my tablet is up to date.  Any ideas?

DWC
What's DOS?
Message 38 of 103

Ended up calling into moto support and they will be bringing it in for warranty to try to fix it.

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 39 of 103

DWC said:

Ended up calling into moto support and they will be bringing it in for warranty to try to fix it.

View original

Hello DWC,

As I posted here previously, I provided some specific instructions via PM that were provided by Motorola and Google. You can certainly choose a different approach, but I cannot guaranty the results.

Please let me know if I can assist you further and good luck,

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 40 of 103

thomas.smart said:

I have two Motorola XYBoard 10.1.  One has been updated to 4.1.2 and the other has not.  I tried to manually update by clicking Settings > About Tablet > System Updates but it says that my tablet is up to date.  Any ideas?

View original

Hello thomas.smart,

Sorry you have had issues getting the OTA update to download. The first step to try is rebooting the tablet by powering off and back on, then wait 48+ hours for the OTA servers to cycle. If that does not work, the next step is a Factory Reset (caution - this will erase all apps and data on the tablet, so be sure to backup any data first). After the FR, you should wait the 48+ hours for the OTA server cycle to complete.

If neither of those work for you, then it is likely that the OTA servers are not recognizing your tablet as having a complete or healthy current Android image. In that situation, please send me a PM and I will be glad to help you get this corrected quickly.

-Doc