Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Views: 535
Message 51 of 103

Re: XYBoard 10.1 Jelly Bean Waiting Room [Official]

Eddie.Solisjr said:

Doc I sent you a PM to try and help me as I still haven't received the OTA update.  Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

View original

Hello Eddie.Solisjr,

Did you receive my reply via PM? If not, please let me know.

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 52 of 103

maxxpp said:

I wonder if I could get  an official stock image for mz615 to flash my bricked mz615.

Thanks!

View original

Seasons Greetings maxxpp,

Please send me a PM and I can provide you the process necessary to get your tablet re-flashed and updated.

-Doc

chande59105
What's DOS?
Message 53 of 103

Doc,

As of today my xyboard 10.1 still hasn't received the Jelly Bean update.   It's still on 4.0.4.  Any suggestions to get the update pushed to the tablet?

Thank you 

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 54 of 103

chande59105 said:

Doc,

As of today my xyboard 10.1 still hasn't received the Jelly Bean update.   It's still on 4.0.4.  Any suggestions to get the update pushed to the tablet?

Thank you 

View original

Hello chande59105,

I would first try a Factory Reset (make sure to backup any data first, since this will erase your tablet) and see if that triggers the update. You will need to wait at least 48 hours for the OTA servers to cycle. If you are not offered the update after that, please send me a PM and I will be glad to help you through the next steps.

-Doc

DroidudeAZ
SCSI Port
Message 55 of 103

After a couple trips to Motorola,  4.1.2 is running smoothly on my Xyboard.  Overall speed of the UI is noticeably faster and more fluid.  I was hoping for some updated widgets, like the clock choices but am happy overall. 

Eddie_Solisjr
What's DOS?
Message 56 of 103

Doc I sent you a private message a while ago and am sure you are busy but I still havent recieved the update and have been checking daily.  If you can help me update this thing I would greatly appreciate it.

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 57 of 103

Eddie.Solisjr said:

Doc I sent you a private message a while ago and am sure you are busy but I still havent recieved the update and have been checking daily.  If you can help me update this thing I would greatly appreciate it.

View original

Hello Eddie.Solisjr,

I replied to your PM earlier today with the details. I will be glad to help you get your tablet re-flashed through that process.

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 58 of 103

DroidudeAZ said:

After a couple trips to Motorola,  4.1.2 is running smoothly on my Xyboard.  Overall speed of the UI is noticeably faster and more fluid.  I was hoping for some updated widgets, like the clock choices but am happy overall. 

View original

@DroidudeAZ,

Glad you are updated and running fast and smooth. Please remember to post additional suggestions, tips, issues and ideas in the post-update thread: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/3a554cd34a

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 59 of 103

REMINDER TO ALL WAITING ROOM OCCUPANTS & FOLLOWERS:

If you own the Verizon 10.1" XYboard and have not received the update to Android 4.1.2 yet OR have attempted the update and encountered any issues, please reply here ASAP so can help you get your tablet updated and stable. There are processes currently in place to assist with this upgrade release, so please ensure your tablet has been successfully updated before the roll out completes.

-Doc

DroidudeAZ
SCSI Port
Message 60 of 103

I've spent a day with the update and like it. Jellybean 4.1.2 is a fair amount quicker on the move than 4.0.4. Having Google Now is a BIG plus and voice recognition is a lot better now. The sound through the stereo speakers sounds cleaner and projects a lot better. Before the update, the speaker volume was adequate but sounded like it was driven down into the back of the phone. There camera app is improved. It isn't the best on the market but its better now.

On the con side, the widgets are the same as when the Xyboard was released in December 2011 on 3.0 Honeycomb. No updated Circles Widget...etc. Hopefully that can be addressed in a future software update. I'm curious to see how my Xyboard 10.1 would run on 4.4.2 Kitcat. Kitkat needs less RAM to run the UI and has a lot of cool tweaks. Just dreaming....I just bought a Nexus 7 with Kitkat 4.4.2 and its superb to use. Tips to Xyboard users, download Sound Volume Booster Pro and your sound through your ear buds is a LOT better. I'm using Nova Launcher which provides a very close to stock Android UI. It also uses less memory than the stock UI.