Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Views: 446
Message 61 of 103

Re: XYBoard 10.1 Jelly Bean Waiting Room [Official]

DroidudeAZ said:

I've spent a day with the update and like it. Jellybean 4.1.2 is a fair amount quicker on the move than 4.0.4. Having Google Now is a BIG plus and voice recognition is a lot better now. The sound through the stereo speakers sounds cleaner and projects a lot better. Before the update, the speaker volume was adequate but sounded like it was driven down into the back of the phone. There camera app is improved. It isn't the best on the market but its better now.

On the con side, the widgets are the same as when the Xyboard was released in December 2011 on 3.0 Honeycomb. No updated Circles Widget...etc. Hopefully that can be addressed in a future software update. I'm curious to see how my Xyboard 10.1 would run on 4.4.2 Kitcat. Kitkat needs less RAM to run the UI and has a lot of cool tweaks. Just dreaming....I just bought a Nexus 7 with Kitkat 4.4.2 and its superb to use. Tips to Xyboard users, download Sound Volume Booster Pro and your sound through your ear buds is a LOT better. I'm using Nova Launcher which provides a very close to stock Android UI. It also uses less memory than the stock UI. 

View original

@DroidudeAZ,

Thanks for providing your assessment and tips for improving sound and the UI with Nova Launcher.

-Doc

mikeh1234
What's DOS?
Message 62 of 103

The download started but never completed on my Xyboard.  Now the tablet acts as if I have already updated but it is still running 4.0.4???  Any help would be appreciated. 

thomas1224
What's DOS?
Message 63 of 103

I gave up on mine. So far I've spent over 3 hrs. with three calls trying to get this thing upgraded. Most of it on hold. On the last call the guy went through the whole process with all of my information then said that the system was down and couldn't give me an RMA but would take care of it and send me an email with all the information when the system was working. What a surprise. It's been over a week and nothing. I'm sure not going to call again. I've wasted more than enough time on something that I shouldn't have had to deal with in the first place if the OTA worked like it was supposed to. All you guys that got it with no problems that's great. It's been nothing but a headache for me. Got a Nexus 10 for Christmas so goodbye to the XYBoard. End of rant.

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 64 of 103

mikeh1234 said:

The download started but never completed on my Xyboard.  Now the tablet acts as if I have already updated but it is still running 4.0.4???  Any help would be appreciated. 

View original

Hello mikeh1234,

Have you tried conducting a Factory Reset (backup any data you need first) yet and waited more than 48 hours to see if the OTA update recognizes your tablet? If so, please send me a PM (private message) with your details and I will be glad to help you get this corrected and updated quickly.

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 65 of 103

thomas1224 said:

I gave up on mine. So far I've spent over 3 hrs. with three calls trying to get this thing upgraded. Most of it on hold. On the last call the guy went through the whole process with all of my information then said that the system was down and couldn't give me an RMA but would take care of it and send me an email with all the information when the system was working. What a surprise. It's been over a week and nothing. I'm sure not going to call again. I've wasted more than enough time on something that I shouldn't have had to deal with in the first place if the OTA worked like it was supposed to. All you guys that got it with no problems that's great. It's been nothing but a headache for me. Got a Nexus 10 for Christmas so goodbye to the XYBoard. End of rant.

View original

Hello thomas1224,

I am sorry to hear that you've still had issues getting this scheduled, this has NOT been the norm and sounds like some bad timing or misinformed agents. As I mentioned in earlier discussions, this is a service Motorola and Google are offering to you as a valued customer, so it is definitely not their intent (or in their best interest) to cause anyone issues. If you change your mind about getting the update, please send me another PM and I will see about getting someone to call you about this.

-Doc

Eddie_Solisjr
What's DOS?
Message 66 of 103

Ok Doc I contacted Motorola and they gave me the run around.  First it was there was no update for my xyboard and then it was escalated and I was told it was out of warranty and then I was told that they would reflash my system with the new update and I would be emailed the info and a box to ship it and I have received nothing.  Please help as I don't know who to talk to anymore.

Gtavo
What's DOS?
Message 67 of 103

My Xyboard is still sitting on ICS :/ I cannot for the life of me get it to update to JB, it keeps saying its already up to date. I own the Verizon 10.1 model, although I am not with Verizon anymore and have been using the tablet on wifi only, but I don't think that should be an issue. I've read this entire thread and still am unable to get the tablet to detect the ota. Its not a big issue, but I use the tablet for school and would like it to run as smoothly and reliably as possible. Can anyone help??

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 68 of 103

Eddie.Solisjr said:

Ok Doc I contacted Motorola and they gave me the run around.  First it was there was no update for my xyboard and then it was escalated and I was told it was out of warranty and then I was told that they would reflash my system with the new update and I would be emailed the info and a box to ship it and I have received nothing.  Please help as I don't know who to talk to anymore.

View original

Hello Eddie.Solisjr,

I will be glad to help you get this straightened out and updated. Can you provide the RMA# they gave you (you can send it via PM if you prefer to keep it private). This is a new xyboard servicing process, so there have been a few instances where follow-up is needed.

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 69 of 103

Gtavo said:

My Xyboard is still sitting on ICS :/ I cannot for the life of me get it to update to JB, it keeps saying its already up to date. I own the Verizon 10.1 model, although I am not with Verizon anymore and have been using the tablet on wifi only, but I don't think that should be an issue. I've read this entire thread and still am unable to get the tablet to detect the ota. Its not a big issue, but I use the tablet for school and would like it to run as smoothly and reliably as possible. Can anyone help??

View original

Hello Gtavo,

I will be glad to help you get updated to Android 4.1.2. You are correct, there is no requirement for Verizon service, the OTA update will install over any available WiFi connection. Have you tried a Factory Reset yet (back-up all data first, since this will erase and set your tablet back to a factory fresh state)? After the FR, it can take up to 48 hours for the OTA servers to cycle and recognize your tablet. If that does not work, you will likely need to have it re-flashed, which I can help you with.

-Doc

TimmyO
What's DOS?
Message 70 of 103

I'll ask again since I never got a reply when I asked this back in November...

Do we have an actual non-laughable answer from Moto yet on why the WiFi only version is not getting the upgrade?  I'm pretty ticked off I paid full retail ($599) for a tablet that was newer than the Xoom (heck the Xoom was 250-300 at the time I bought my Xyboard) and the Xoom is getting the upgrade?  

This WILL BE the last Moto product I buy if it does not get the upgrade.  The lack of an upgrade for the IDENTICAL tablet (other than not having the 4G radio) does not pass the smell test!