Did you mean: 
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 735
Message 21 of 29

Re: XYBoard won't turn on

Theogenes said:

Update

I contacted Motorola and sent off my Xyboard 8.2 twice to have it repaired. The first time, it came back quickly and had the precise same issue it had when it left (completely nonresponsive, will not charge nor power up, etc). I called back and was assured it would go to a "senior technician" to be repaired. So I sent it off again, and again it came back-- completely nonfunctional. While I cannot say definitively that the repair was never even attempted, I can say that the fact that the device would not charge or turn on at all is something that seems like it would have caught the eye of even the most substandard of technicians. I have spoken with two other Motorola channels at the point, and have gotten no help at all, so I called Verizon customer service and they directed me back over to Motorola for help. After speaking to 3 people and being transferred twice with Motorola customer support, I am now about to send my tablet off yet again, because I've been told that that is the only option I have at the moment. 

I consider myself to be a very reasonable, patient person. I do not believe I have unrealistic expectations for the devices I purchase nor the companies that service them. But considering I first sent my device to Motorola at the beginning of July and still do not have a tablet that works in any way at all, I don't see any reason that I should purchase a Motorola product in the future. The Samsung tablet I had prior to this encountered a problem as well, and it was immediately resolved, and I have since carried no less than 3 Samsung phones (Charge, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S3). 

At this point, I cannot in good conscience recommend Motorola to anyone. I hope others have had a better experience, but I will probably stick with Samsung products in the future due to the vastly superior overall experience I've had with them. 

Best of luck to others with similar issues. 

View original

Really sorry to read about this experience. I looked into this and it appears that your Xyboard is being replaced. Let me know how it goes.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
DrHenley
What's DOS?
Message 22 of 29

I had that happen too.  After trying all the recommended fixes, I simply held the power button down for a long time and it finally relented and powered up.

nfrederick
What's DOS?
Message 23 of 29

I have recently had to repair one of these. I popped it open and the soldering on the charging/usb port was actually bad. I had to reflow this cold solder for the tablet to charge and power on once again.

Capt_D
What's DOS?
Message 24 of 29

Read about the charging issue.....Try another charger first...I'm sending mine in when I get off this hitch....

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 25 of 29

Capt.D said:

Read about the charging issue.....Try another charger first...I'm sending mine in when I get off this hitch....

View original

Hello Capt.D,

Can you tell me more about your issue? Are you charging via the USB using the original AC brick? Was there anything else that happened just prior to the charging issue? Have you tried charging via the dock setup ?

-Doc

JRev2020
What's DOS?
Message 26 of 29

I'm having the same problem. I think my isn't charging. The white light goes on then off and I left it plugged in all day and still get the red light flashing 3 times when I try to turn it on.

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 27 of 29

null

I'm having the same problem. I think my isn't charging. The white light goes on then off and I left it plugged in all day and still get the red light flashing 3 times when I try to turn it on.

View original

Hello JRev2020,

Are you using a dock to charge the XYBoard or just the adapter cable? If you are using a dock, try using only the power adapter instead. Have you tried a Forced (soft) Reset? If not, hold down the Power / Lock button and Volume Down for 15-20 seconds and see if that clears the power warning and forces a reboot.

-Doc

AZElbow
What's DOS?
Message 28 of 29

Matt (Forums Manager) said:

Really sorry to read about this experience. I looked into this and it appears that your Xyboard is being replaced. Let me know how it goes.

View original

I have the same loose usb port that has led to the tablet not charging that has plagued many Motorola owners.  My unit is out of warranty so Motorola wants to charge me over $200 to repair it.  I would think they would use the same loose usb port that started the problem.  I consider the defect so substantial that the repair should be covered even after the warranty period.  I would never have thought that a company like Motorola would design and manufacture (or have manufactured) a product with a loose usb charging port.  That is such a base defect that Motorola should make things rights.  I have spend hours on this issue and have had to research unknown internet repair shops.  My local shops indicate they cannot get the parts from Motorola while I have not been able to get a straight answer from several internet repair companies.

Do you know of Motorola honoring an after warranty repair free of charge?

Do you have a repair source you can recommend for this loose usb/ unit won't charge issue?

DroidudeAZ
SCSI Port
Message 29 of 29

This happens to me every other day or so. I turn the screen off to get a glass of water or something and 3 minutes later It's non responsive. The Vloume down Power up buttons usually do the trick but last night it took 3 tries before it would do a soft reset. I get a fair amount of freezes when surfing online. I"m hoping 4.1.2 will take care of some of the issues.