Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mjnub
What's DOS?
Views: 926
Message 11 of 29

Re: XYBoard won't turn on

yes try a new sim if that doesn't help then you might not be inserting the sim all the way.
RCSD_IT
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 29

The SIM slot is spring loaded. It's either clicked in or pops out. This is happening on at least 3 of my 5 Xyboards. Haven't checked with my other users yet.

RCSD_IT
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 29

I don't mean that it is popping out, just addressing the notion that it might not be inserted all the way.

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 14 of 29

RCSD_IT said:

I don't mean that it is popping out, just addressing the notion that it might not be inserted all the way.

Hello RCSD_IT,

I just returned from vacation last week and thought I would check back with you on this issue. Did you check with your other users concerning any issue with the SIM modules? When you restart these tablets, does the SIM card error go away or continue?

-Doc

Theogenes
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 29

I realize this thread has been dormant for a couple of months, but as I'm having a similar issue, I was hoping to get some help before having to send this off to Moto. I've tried to summarize all the relevant information below. 

Problem: Xyboard 8.2 will not power on or indicate that it is accepting a charge. 

Steps Attempted

-Tried charging on multiple chargers, two of which are specifically Xyboard chargers, several others were not, and multiple voltages were tried. 

-Tried holding down the Vol Down and Power buttons for over 60 seconds. No response. 

-Tried holding down the Vol Up and Power buttons for over 60 seconds. Ditto. 

-Tried holding down the Vol Up, Down, and Power buttons for over 60 seconds. El zilcho. 

-Tried popping the 4G SIM card out and plugging the device in. Nothing. 

-Tried to charge after popping SIM card back in. The white light at the bottom near the charger came on very briefly when plugged in, and then goes back to being comatose. This only happened twice, and since then every attempt to plug it in has done nothing. 

To be clear, I'm not getting the three red lights indicating a dead battery, or anything else for that matter. It's just completely dead. I've worked on it in my downtime for the last two days and searched around online, and haven't found anything yet that's resolved my issue. I use my tablet CONSTANTLY (much to the chagrin of my loved ones) and not having it is really driving me nuts. I would very much like to find a resolution that does not involve losing everything I've done on there for the last 6 months if at all possible. 

So what do you guys think? Anything I can do here, or do I just need to bite the bullet and ship this off to Moto and wait to get it fixed? (I'd rather not send it back to Verizon b/c I'd like to avoid getting a refurbished unit). I'm open to any thoughts you have!!

Thanks in advance, guys!!

PS - I realize this is in response to someone's question and thus doesn't qualify as an 'answer,' so if I need to move this elsewhere, please just let me know! Smiley Happy

Theogenes
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 29

Anybody? Smiley Happy

ewrliufg
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 29

Just bought my 10.1 last week; the same thing happened. My solution: I pressed harder with my thumb nail and when it still didnt boot I pushed it in and out a couple of times to make sure i was making contact; also make sure you are pressing straight in and on the center of the button.

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 18 of 29

Theogenes said:

Anybody? Smiley Happy

Hello Theogenes,

I just came across your post here, do you still have this issue? Is there anything else you have tried to revive your tablet? I would be glad to send your case over to a Motorola Tech, but I need to confirm this is still an issue first.

-Tried charging on multiple chargers, two of which are specifically Xyboard chargers, several others were not, and multiple voltages were tried.

Be VERY careful to NEVER use a charger witha different voltage, it could permanently damage your XYBoard. Using a different amperage, on the other hand, could help the charging of the tablet, but never voltage.

-Doc

HappyJohn9
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 29

I've had the Xyboard 10.1 for about four months and it's been all problems all the time. One of the worst purchases I've ever made.

Theogenes
What's DOS?
Message 20 of 29

Update

I contacted Motorola and sent off my Xyboard 8.2 twice to have it repaired. The first time, it came back quickly and had the precise same issue it had when it left (completely nonresponsive, will not charge nor power up, etc). I called back and was assured it would go to a "senior technician" to be repaired. So I sent it off again, and again it came back-- completely nonfunctional. While I cannot say definitively that the repair was never even attempted, I can say that the fact that the device would not charge or turn on at all is something that seems like it would have caught the eye of even the most substandard of technicians. I have spoken with two other Motorola channels at the point, and have gotten no help at all, so I called Verizon customer service and they directed me back over to Motorola for help. After speaking to 3 people and being transferred twice with Motorola customer support, I am now about to send my tablet off yet again, because I've been told that that is the only option I have at the moment. 

I consider myself to be a very reasonable, patient person. I do not believe I have unrealistic expectations for the devices I purchase nor the companies that service them. But considering I first sent my device to Motorola at the beginning of July and still do not have a tablet that works in any way at all, I don't see any reason that I should purchase a Motorola product in the future. The Samsung tablet I had prior to this encountered a problem as well, and it was immediately resolved, and I have since carried no less than 3 Samsung phones (Charge, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S3). 

At this point, I cannot in good conscience recommend Motorola to anyone. I hope others have had a better experience, but I will probably stick with Samsung products in the future due to the vastly superior overall experience I've had with them. 

Best of luck to others with similar issues.