Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DroidudeAZ
SCSI Port
Views: 2,068
Message 1 of 8

Xyboard 10.1, laggy, freezes a lot, will 4.1.2

I saw that recently Motorola will update the Xyboard 10.1 to Jellybean 4.1.2 sometime during the 4th quarter this year. I bought a Xyboard a couple of months ago and it freezes up every couple of hours or so.  Sometimes it won't turn on,  other times you can't turn it off.  It's agonizingly slow on the Internet. Do any of you think that 4.1.2 would quell these issues.  I also have an option to return it and get my money back.  I love the tablet but it isn't quick and snappy. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 8

Re: Xyboard 10.1, laggy, freezes a lot, will 4.1.2

Its not being updated as it lists it here in the software upgrade page.
https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp
com/app/software-upgrade-news/g_id/1949
DroidudeAZ
SCSI Port
Message 3 of 8

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/software-upgrade-news/g_id/1949#gs=eyJndWlkZUlEIjoxOTQ5LCJxdWVzdGlvbklEIjo2LCJyZXNwb25zZUlEIjoxMywiZ3VpZGVTZXNzaW9uIjoidEE3NGZwQ2wiLCJzZXNzaW9uSUQiOiIqUjZlZHBDbCJ9 

The is the latest from Motorola upgrade schedule,  which says the DROID Xyboard by Motorola will be upgraded to Jellybean  in Q4 2013. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 8

You are correct.  I'm sorry but I did not see DROID before. Mine is not and is stuck where it is.  It works but not as good as I would have hoped.
DroidudeAZ
SCSI Port
Message 5 of 8

I'm wondering if 4.1.2 might help with the issues I'm having with my tablet or should i send it back and get a refund?
docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 6 of 8

DroidudeAZ said:

I'm wondering if 4.1.2 might help with the issues I'm having with my tablet or should i send it back and get a refund?View original

Hello DroidudeAZ,

It is possible that the upgrade will improve your situation, though if you have application issues, it would depend on how they behave and compatibility under JB. I have used the app "SystemPanel" to monitor my tablets in the background and identify the source of resource utilization, battery drain, memory leaks or application conflicts. Over the past few years, I have found several third party applications that had issues and were causing lower performance or instability on my Xoom and XYBoard tablets. Sometimes those same apps would cause issues on my RAZR HD phone and sometimes not, there are too many variables between tablets, phones and different Android OS versions.

If locating the source of your issues continues to be a challenge, you could do a Factory Reset (Warning - back-up user and app data first) and see if the issues persist with a factory fresh image and without any third party apps installed. If you still have issues after a FR and no apps (very rare), then you may have a hardware or Android OS ROM image issue (this is where the JB upgrade would help). If your issues go away after the FR, then I would reinstall each app individually and retest for issues or conflicts (to isolate the source).

-Doc

DroidudeAZ
SCSI Port
Message 7 of 8

I guess thats why they call you Doc! I did a FR without auto reinstalling my apps and that did the trick. Its hasn't frozen up once since I did it. I've slowly been readding some of the basic google apps and I  unstalled a bunch of apps I don't use. Thanks for your advice Doc!

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 8 of 8

DroidudeAZ said:

I guess thats why they call you Doc! I did a FR without auto reinstalling my apps and that did the trick. Its hasn't frozen up once since I did it. I've slowly been readding some of the basic google apps and I  unstalled a bunch of apps I don't use. Thanks for your advice Doc!

View original

Hello DroidudeAZ,

Awesome, I am glad to hear that did the trick for you. Rogue or poorly written applications that cause conflicts or soak up resources under different Android OS versions are most often the cause of slowness and laggy response. I have loaded tested and use a ton of apps and my approach is to immediately remove my last few app installs (or updates) when I first notice any change in behavior on the tablet.

-Doc