cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cueball
What's DOS?
Views: 631
Message 11 of 31

Re: Xyboard 10.1 wifi. Solution to won't charge issue?

@DocBrown: Ahhhh.  I see.  I guess I just assumed.  Yes, I'm using stock everything including the charger that came in the original box.  The FedEx mailer showed up today so I'll be dropping it off shortly. 

@Kolio: I'd agree with you.  That way the micro usb plug wiggles around in the charging port I wouldn't be surprised if it makes contact and shows a charging indication but isn't making contact so that current will actually flow.  I'll be glad to get it back though.  My laptop was gathering dust on it because I used it so infrequently once my Xyboard arrived.

Cueball
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 31

@Kolio:  Since you got your Xyboard back, how is it's charging rate compared to before you had to send it in? 

KOLIO
Token Ring
Message 13 of 31

I'm not sure, but, it has a full charge from 5% to 100% overnight, best guess would be minimum 3-4 hrs. & no more than 5hrs. tops.
I just recently got the HD STATION for TABLETS & SMARTPHONES & have also noted a just as quick, if not a bit quicker charge time w/it.

One accessory that I HIGHLY recommend for any MOTOROLA TABLET owner is the 90° USB ADAPTER (MOTOROLA P/N SKN 6258).It seems to take some of the pressure/stress off of the tablets charging port & fits nicely w/the OEM Portfolio/keyboard & USB camera adapter,which I use to connect a wireless USB Mouse dongle.
Strangely enough, I couldn't locate this accessory on MOTOROLA'S website, but, it can be found on AMAZON for $4.90.
Cueball
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 31

@Kolio: I'll be getting one of the 90degree adapters asap.

In other news, Motorola repair services has repaired and shipped my Xyboard already!  Assuming it arrives tomorrow that would be a 3 day turn around. I sent it in on Tuesday!  We'll see if that takes care of the charging issue. *crossing fingers*

KOLIO
Token Ring
Message 15 of 31

That'll be cool if it arrives tomorrow. If not, it'll probably be Monday before you see it. But, since it's already left the facility,it should arrive tomorrow.

As for the 90° ADAPTER, definitely get the MOTOROLA branded one,as most other adapers are too long on the male USB end, & while the other adapters may work, the extra length can stress the port on the tablet.

The turnaround time on warranty service is definitely something other manufacturers should emulate.
Keep us posted on your results w/the tablet repair/servicing.
slobadan
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 31

I have the same problem and got no help from Motorola (out of warranty by 3 months) now going to Samsung.  However, about your problem.  I, on my own, found a video on the web showing how to disassebled the motorola xyboard tablet.  The problem you are having is most likely the Micro USB/HDMI ports board.  Once open it is easy to get at and replace.  I now have to see if I can find one on the net (maybe E-bay) without the help of Motorola.  They wanted $149.50 to fix this problem.  Right.  They absolutely refused to get me a repair manual.  And most likely will not sell me the bad board. Said only a technician was "authorized" to open it.  I said, "wait a minute, it is out of warranty, I own it!  What is now the difference between me opening and fixing it or throwing it in the gargabe?!"  Bottom line, this should not have gone bad in 15 months!  Had a Motorola phone which had the same problem.  Phone would not charge because of a faulty port.  Goodbye Motorola.

plumbgreen
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 31

I have three xyboards and have had to send two of them back because of not charging. MOTO says to use the charger that comes with it but they only lasted a few months. Now my third xy will not charge.  We have been trying to go paperless but have had to give up on that because of the poor engineering of these boards.

If you stop making this crap in china you will probably drop your warranty claims by 1/2.

the plumbing company that I work for are back to using our phones instead of the unreliable xyboard.

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 18 of 31

plumbgreen said:

I have three xyboards and have had to send two of them back because of not charging. MOTO says to use the charger that comes with it but they only lasted a few months. Now my third xy will not charge.  We have been trying to go paperless but have had to give up on that because of the poor engineering of these boards.

If you stop making this crap in china you will probably drop your warranty claims by 1/2.

the plumbing company that I work for are back to using our phones instead of the unreliable xyboard.

View original

Greetings plumbgreen,

I own the Droid XYBoard 10.1, Xoom LTE and Xoom WiFi and quite honestly, I prefer to use a dock to charge each tablet at night, rather than using the wall chargers. My XYBoard has been in daily use since its release and I have never had any issues charging it on the dock each night (plus I think it better protects the tablet standing up in the dock). With discount accessory prices on Amazon, you can pick-up the XYBoard dock today for $18.99 (with free shipping for Prime members), not bad versus the $49.99 MSRP.

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Dock-Charger-Smartphones-Tablets/dp/B006CDABDK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid...

Choosing to use a dock doesn't address the possible quality issues with the stock chargers, I've just found that all rechargeable electronics I own (including phones, baby monitors, radios, tablets, etc) all benefit from using a dock for nightly charging.

-Doc

plumbgreen
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 31

Thank you very much for the info. I will consider buying a few docs!

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 20 of 31

plumbgreen said:

Thank you very much for the info. I will consider buying a few docs!

View original

@plumbgreen,

You are welcome, I am always glad to assist in any way I can. Thanks for contributing to our online community!

-Doc