Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
DJ3
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 92 (361 Views)

Xyboard will not boot

Ran the 4.1.2 update this morning and will not boot. All I get is the opening splash page and then the screen goes dark. I can turn on/off and get into the bootloader but that's it.

What's DOS?
Message 2 of 92 (361 Views)

Re: Xyboard will not boot

I had the same problem last night. I have completed a factory data reset using keys but still have the same problem.

Bit Torrent
Message 3 of 92 (361 Views)

DJ and tribeach807,

The update to 4.1.2 has not been publicly released yet, so I am not sure what update you received. Please send me a PM with your details (MEID, kernel version, build, etc.) and what happened.

-Doc

What's DOS?
Message 4 of 92 (361 Views)

I have the same problem with my Motorola Xyboard 8.2 My brother was using it and it prompted him to update and he accepted the prompt and now it will only boot to the Motorola splash screen then goes black after that(the backlight remains on). I can also get into the boot loader part but it locked and wont let me do anything other than power the unit down. 

DJ3
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 92 (361 Views)

There seems to be a few of us with the same "will not boot" problem.  Is there someway to do a recovery?

DJ

Bit Torrent
Message 6 of 92 (361 Views)

All,

Motorola is aware if the reboot issue and is working on a solution for any XYBoard owner with issues (some are upgrading to JB without the issue). Please stay tuned.to this thread for the latest updates and next steps.

-Doc

What's DOS?
Message 7 of 92 (361 Views)

waiting for the update here...cant wait...

Paper Tape
Message 8 of 92 (361 Views)

Same problem with my 8.2. I was able to run recovery but still won't boot past Motorola logo then blank screen. Sometimes after trying to boot it shows the battery state of charge when pressing the volume up or down key.

Paper Tape
Message 9 of 92 (361 Views)

***** Content Removed by Moderator: Doc - It is against the site rules to post links or information on rooting or hacking locked deices. Please refer to the site rules for more details. *****

I then did another system update from settings and now have ICS(4.0.4) back working. I did not put any of my old apps or data back yet.

Another system update from this 4.0.4 and I have a new robot with spinning geodesic thingy instead of gears and about 15 minutes later I have JB(4.1.2) working nicely.

Thanks to all,

Rich

What's DOS?
Message 10 of 92 (361 Views)

I just got the notice for upgrade yesterday (12/11/2013) and now my Xyboard is frozen and won't boot.  This sounds like the same complaints that others had and it has not yet been fixed.  Now I can't access ANYTHING as the tablet just doesn't come on.

Any help yet for this problem?  I just got this tablet a month ago and now its useless.  I tried the manual boot and it only goes as far as the Motorola symbol then goes black with the backlight on.

I tried connecting it to my laptop but I could not get a driver to work so I could see anything on the xyboard device in my computer listing in Windows 7.