Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DJ3
What's DOS?
Views: 675
Message 31 of 92

Re: Xyboard will not boot

I also used 'runandhide05's post and was able to get back to Honeycomb and then did the upgrade to ICS.  Didn't have to add any pauses to the Bat file.  I just unzipped all the files into the same directory and did the FastBoot.

DJ

Ecrunion
Punch Card
Message 32 of 92

I really wish we would get an official solution to this update issue.  I've really never messed with flashing or using fastboot, so I don't feel 100% safe in trying it.  My otherwise great tablet is now a useless paperweight.  Where is Doc in all of this?

Redhead2058
What's DOS?
Message 33 of 92

Well, I did the fastboot using the process to go back to Honeycomb.  I had to load Motocast to get the 1 click bat file to recognize my tablet.  It ran fine.  The table is now booting and comes up with a 2D robot with gears, then goes blank and said DROID in big letters, then goes to the red fiery round eye like thing (I call the all seeing eye) for a bit.   After that runs for a minute, the tablet blanks out and goes back to the DROID word, then the fiery red thing.   It keep repeating this.

So, I am no longer locked out but the tablet is still very confused and useless.

I will keep working it.  I tried the recovery option but that did not help.  I need to get this working as Christmas is a big travel time for me and I will need the table for my road trip!

Redhead2058
What's DOS?
Message 34 of 92

Redhead2058 said:

Well, I did the fastboot using the process to go back to Honeycomb.  I had to load Motocast to get the 1 click bat file to recognize my tablet.  It ran fine.  The table is now booting and comes up with a 2D robot with gears, then goes blank and said DROID in big letters, then goes to the red fiery round eye like thing (I call the all seeing eye) for a bit.   After that runs for a minute, the tablet blanks out and goes back to the DROID word, then the fiery red thing.   It keep repeating this.

So, I am no longer locked out but the tablet is still very confused and useless.

I will keep working it.  I tried the recovery option but that did not help.  I need to get this working as Christmas is a big travel time for me and I will need the table for my road trip!

Just me again.  I did get the tablet reset after this last part by doing the factory reset option, which I had to look up online.  Once I reset it, it came up in Honeycomb.  I am now trying the upgrade to ICS.  Not sure I will try JB.  Maybe after my travels when it won't matter if I to get it restarted.

I am thinking that a work around notice that tells you all of the steps would have been nice to get from Motorola.  After all, they have my email.

I really appreciate the users on this forum who gave the help and support for a very frustrating Motorola caused issue.

View original

NosTek
What's DOS?
Message 35 of 92

And here I was wondering if the voodoo Root OTA would work with the update. Glad I held out

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 36 of 92

To ALL Posters in this Thread,

If you are still experiencing any boot-up issues following the update, please reply to this thread or send me a PM with your details. Motorola has a process to correct this situation and reflash your tablet to the new Android OS (4.1.2). Since this is a locked device, using other methods that require unlocking or rooting your tablet is risky and may lead to further issues. Even if you have unlocked your XYBoard previously, please let me know so we can help get your tablet fixed quickly and returned to stock.

I have updated several previous posts in this thread that referenced unlocking or rooting this tablet. Per the site rules, this type of content is not allowed on Motorola's forums for locked devices.

-Doc

Syndrome
What's DOS?
Message 37 of 92

Now I've got 3 of these tablets that have frozen up. And yet still nothing official from Motorola other than them deleting the info on here that might could actually help. How about posting a public fix for them rather than making each individual jump through tons of hoops?

All 3 of my bricked ones are the Xyboard 8.2 16gb models(with sim card slot). 1 of them was rooted the other 2 were not.

Is it safe to do the update on other tablets now? I've got some that I haven't updated due to these ones getting bricked. Can I update them now without the risk of them getting bricked?

I would like to have Motorola update my tablet to a fresh 4.1.2 Android image, Here is MY reply to this thread(again.. and again)

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 38 of 92

Redhead2058 said:

I am thinking that a work around notice that tells you all of the steps would have been nice to get from Motorola.  After all, they have my email.

I really appreciate the users on this forum who gave the help and support for a very frustrating Motorola caused issue.

View original

@Redhead2058,

I don't think it would be wise for any manufacturer to recommend a workaround for this type of issue. Motorola has worked with Google (source of the update) to determine the best approach to correct this issue permanently for any affected tablets. If you are still experiencing issues and would prefer to have Motorola update your tablet to a fresh 4.1.2 Android image, please reply to this thread or contact me via PM.

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 39 of 92

Syndrome said:

Now I've got 3 of these tablets that have frozen up. And yet still nothing official from Motorola other than them deleting the info on here that might could actually help. How about posting a public fix for them rather than making each individual jump through tons of hoops?

View original

@Syndrome,

As I have posted multiple times, Motorola has a preferred process to fix this issue. Please contact me via PM to discuss what is required to update your three tablets to a stable image of Android 4.1.2.

-Doc

OnyxRich
Paper Tape
Message 40 of 92

I'm puzzled as to what I posted that had to do with hacking or rooting. Some kind person (who I donated $5 to) on another site posted instructions (and an image) for using fastboot to reload Honeycomb to a crashed XYBoard. My tablet has been running JB nicely ever since. If I did something wrong, should I request Motorola's fix and start over?