Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeeHartzheim
What's DOS?
Views: 444
Message 71 of 92

Re: Xyboard will not boot

NosTek,          

I had the same issues a month or so ago, and wonder the same thing.  However, I went ahead and updated this morning, and everything updated fine.  My assumption is that they correct the issues that bricked a lot of the devices last time around.  

NosTek
What's DOS?
Message 72 of 92

I am very glad to hear about a successful ota! I hope you are correct sir!

Highlighted
docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 73 of 92

jdh1550 said:

Hi Doc,

I ran the Jelly Bean update today on my tablet. Now it won't start up. The M logo comes up, but nothing after that. I have been in contact with tech support and went thru the steps of wiping the cache and rebooting with no success. I also have tried doing the factory wipe and reboot. Still no success. I had purchased the tablet refurbished with the promise of a warranty. Motorola has informed me the warranty does not exist and cannot guarantee the tablet can be restored. Any thoughts? I attempted to PM you, but haven't been successful with that either! Any thoughts?

Thanks!

View original

Hello jdh1550,

This is an issue for a small percentage of XYBoards with this upgrade and Motorola has been servicing them, regardless of the warranty (the majority have expired). Send me a PM and I will help you get this fixed and updated to the latest and stable stock image (Android 4.1.2). The easiest way to send a PM is to click on my (Doc Brown) icon and then select "Send DocBrown a Message" (just below the Profile line).

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 74 of 92

NosTek said:

So my update failed and bricked my tablet months ago, I was able to reset to factory settings with the help of my google fu and to my surprise this morning the update is back! Is this the same update or a fixed one that wont brick my device again?

View original

Hello NosTek,

No guarantees, but there have still been issues for some tablet upgrades recently and the OTA packages have not changed. However, Motorola is still servicing any XYBoards with upgrades that fail, though I seriously doubt that will be an option indefinitely. IMHO, better to get it upgraded to the official stock ROM and deal with any issues now than have issues later upgrading or instability with a non-official image (and no way to later get back to true stock, this is a locked device).

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 75 of 92

LeeHartzheim said:

NosTek,          

I had the same issues a month or so ago, and wonder the same thing.  However, I went ahead and updated this morning, and everything updated fine.  My assumption is that they correct the issues that bricked a lot of the devices last time around.  

View original

Hello LeeHartzheim,

How did you resolve your previous "bricked" situation? If you sent it in to Motorola servicing, they should have re-flashed your tablet (firmware included) to 4.1.2. If you loaded a copy of an older ROM off the Internet (Motorola does not provide ROMs for locked devices), then you may have been able to update, but the final image is not true stock. Be very careful if this is the case, because I have four other owners that did the same thing and later found that the Android 4.1.2 upgrade was not truly stable and randomly dropped WiFi and BT signals, plus corrupted their battery calibration file. We were still able to get them serviced and returned to a true stock state, which have remained stable.

-Doc

NosTek
What's DOS?
Message 76 of 92

Interestingly enough this time around the update just fails and does not brick my device. anything that I can do maybe to help the update along?

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 77 of 92

NosTek said:

Interestingly enough this time around the update just fails and does not brick my device. anything that I can do maybe to help the update along?

View original

@NosTek,

If the update fails to load (regardless of how), then usually it requires servicing to re-flash the entire device, apply the update and return it to stable state.

-Doc

berto1
What's DOS?
Message 78 of 92

my xyboard has also bricked after software upgrade. docbrown I have sent you a pm

Coupequattro
What's DOS?
Message 79 of 92

Same here,

PM'ed

rustitution
What's DOS?
Message 80 of 92

has anyone else been charged for this servicing?