Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NosTek
What's DOS?
Views: 502
Message 41 of 92

Re: Xyboard will not boot

What do I need to do in order to successfully transition from 4.0.4 to 4.1.2? Without wiping? 

dustin3
What's DOS?
Message 42 of 92

pm you doc, awaiting your reply

Syndrome
What's DOS?
Message 43 of 92

OnyxRich said:

I'm puzzled as to what I posted that had to do with hacking or rooting. Some kind person (who I donated $5 to) on another site posted instructions (and an image) for using fastboot to reload Honeycomb to a crashed XYBoard. My tablet has been running JB nicely ever since. If I did something wrong, should I request Motorola's fix and start over?

View original

I think the problem is you posted something that might be useful and make a motorola work properly. Clearly they just want you to spend your money on their products then they brick them with their own software updates and wont fix them unless you send it to them physically. I was hoping when Google acquired Motorola then their products would become more useful and user friendly, but apparently not. 

dustin3
What's DOS?
Message 44 of 92

ive only had this tablet 2 weeks and now its useless because of a software update. somebody better fix it or replace it. 

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 45 of 92

dustin said:

ive only had this tablet 2 weeks and now its useless because of a software update. somebody better fix it or replace it. 

View original

Hello dustin,

I have replied to your PM, please let me know the requested details so I can help you resolve this issue.

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 46 of 92

OnyxRich said:

I'm puzzled as to what I posted that had to do with hacking or rooting. Some kind person (who I donated $5 to) on another site posted instructions (and an image) for using fastboot to reload Honeycomb to a crashed XYBoard. My tablet has been running JB nicely ever since. If I did something wrong, should I request Motorola's fix and start over?

View original

Hello OnyxRich,

The XYBoard is a locked device and there is no official ROM posted by Motorola or Google for this device. Therefore, linking to content that promotes unlocking this device or loading unofficial (untrusted) ROMs is against the site rules and policies for Motorola (and Google). If you desire to unlock your device and load a third party supplied image, you certainly can search the Internet and take that risk (voiding any remaining warranty). Since Motorola is the manufacturer and this is their support forum, they do not promote or allow referencing any third party solutions.

Motorola and Google have determined a preferred approach to deal with any reboot issues and ensure customer stability (as the manufacturer). You can certainly choose another route on your own, but they cannot guaranty the results and can not promote it on their support site.

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 47 of 92

All,

I have received several messages from XYBoard owners that followed the third party route (referred to in this thread) and are now experiencing WiFi and/or BT connectivity/stability issues. If this applies to you, please send me a PM and I will be glad to discuss options to correct the issue and get your tablet back to an official (supported) stock image.

-Doc

OnyxRich
Paper Tape
Message 48 of 92

Now that Motorola has an official fix l certainly recommend trying that. My tablet has been working flawlessly. BT music and WiFi including moto cast are really nice. I have now reinstalled many apps and a bunch of books, pics, and music. Do I have to factory reset and start over again if I do the official fix? It's really hard to want to fix something that shows no signs of being broken so far, but I do want to keep Motorola support as long as it's still available. (The fix I did never unlocked my device that I'm aware of).

AnnaB
What's DOS?
Message 49 of 92

I followed the instructions, but have had no issues so far... I have an
open ticket with Motorola and a box to ship it to them for repair, but I
hate to send it back if it's working. The option to upgrade to 4.1.2 is no
longer there. Should I do a factory reset and send it in? I didn't do
anything to unlock it- it still says it is locked. Is there anything I can
do myself?
docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 50 of 92

AnnaB said:

I followed the instructions, but have had no issues so far... I have an
open ticket with Motorola and a box to ship it to them for repair, but I
hate to send it back if it's working. The option to upgrade to 4.1.2 is no
longer there. Should I do a factory reset and send it in? I didn't do
anything to unlock it- it still says it is locked. Is there anything I can
do myself?

View original

Hello AnnaB,

I am confused, is your tablet updated to 4.1.2 and working correctly or NOT updated and still running ICS, but without issue? If you are updated to JB 4.1.2, then there is no reason to take further action. If you are NOT updated, please send me a PM and I will provide additional details and context.

-Doc