Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnnaB
What's DOS?
Views: 596
Message 11 of 92

Re: Xyboard will not boot

I have the EXACT same problem. Was on hold with Motorola for 45 minutes and had to hang up. Any help would be appreciated!

LeeHartzheim
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 92

I also have this same issue.  Was Prompted to update, and not it will not get past the Motorola Screen, just goes blank.. can get to the FAST BOOT screen, but what do I do then?  

Ecrunion
Punch Card
Message 13 of 92

Just wanted to add that I am having the same issue with my Xyboard 10.1.  

I was prompted yesterday to download and install the update.  The update started, and ended with a red triangle.  The system rebooted and just goes blank after the Motorola logo.  This is disappointing.

Redhead2058
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 92

OnyxRich said:

***** Content Removed by Moderator: Doc - It is against the site rules to post links or information on rooting or hacking locked deices. Please refer to the site rules for more details. *****

I then did another system update from settings and now have ICS(4.0.4) back working. I did not put any of my old apps or data back yet.

Another system update from this 4.0.4 and I have a new robot with spinning geodesic thingy instead of gears and about 15 minutes later I have JB(4.1.2) working nicely.

Thanks to all,

Rich

View original

I looked at this web site in the link you provided and they want you to set up an account, which I would not mind doing except before they let you download, you are asked for a credit card.  I was not willing to put in a credit card, no matter what assurances they had on the page, since I an not aware of what this group really is about.

I would expect Motorola would have a fix for this, and soon!!  Comments on this page are over two weeks old now!  I just got the notice for the upgrade yesterday, which still had no fix in it so it should not have gone out.  Now I have an expensive 10.1 inch piece of junk!!

AnnaB
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 92

I've gone through hours of researching and trying to repair it, but my tablet is locked so I can't follow the instructions from 'Onyxrich' to go back to Honeycomb. After extensive research and failed attempts to repair it myself, I finally broke down and called Verizon who connected me with Motorola again and I finally got to speak to someone.

My tablet is less that a month old and since it was caused by the update, they issued an RMA and are going to repair/replace my Xyboard 10,1. I would suggest calling Motorola Customer Service for assistance.

LeeHartzheim
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 92

Just worked with Motorola Lvl 1 support via Chat window. They were able to get me into the Android Restore function and restore to the factory default.  However, this still did not correct the issue.  They stated that I would need to call support and get to Lvl 2.  I am on hold for that now. Hopefully, i can get to Lvl 2 right away she stated that using my case number would get me there.  Will post more when i get done with Lvl2.

Ecrunion
Punch Card
Message 17 of 92

LeeHartzheim said:

Just worked with Motorola Lvl 1 support via Chat window. They were able to get me into the Android Restore function and restore to the factory default.  However, this still did not correct the issue.  They stated that I would need to call support and get to Lvl 2.  I am on hold for that now. Hopefully, i can get to Lvl 2 right away she stated that using my case number would get me there.  Will post more when i get done with Lvl2.

View original

Thanks for the update!  Hopefully you will find a solution to this problem.  I'm sure the Verizon Xyboard install base isn't that huge, but Moto should've had a fix out by now if they have really known about it since November 27th.

LeeHartzheim
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 92

Well, after 90 mins of being on hold with Motorola Support,(they stated that my hold time would be a little more than 5-10 mins) I had to give up.  Will have to try again tomorrow. while waiting on hold I did try   ***** Content Removed by Moderator: Doc - It is against the site rules to post links or information on rooting or hacking locked deices. Please refer to the site rules for more details. *****    it seamed to work, but I am still in the same situation.    

OnyxRich
Paper Tape
Message 19 of 92

for ReadHead: you don't have to register just hit the second download button on the download page (it's smaller and gray).

Your XYBoard should be locked. Once you get to the fastboot page just plug into your computer and run his 1click file and follow the prompts.

After it loaded HoneyComb it went through a long install and then booted right up.

OnyxRich
Paper Tape
Message 20 of 92

See my earlier post. It worked for me and I had exactly the same symptoms as everyone else.