Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeeHartzheim
What's DOS?
Views: 514
Message 21 of 92

Re: Xyboard will not boot

Ahh, So I got it to work as well.  After watching the "RunMe.BAT" file run a few more times i noticed that i was getting a (filesystems or folder not available), and it was a different file each time. however, it always happened after a "fastboot reboot-bootloader" command.  I added a "pause" after those commands in the script and wait for the bootloader to come back before hitting the keyboard.  No errors the last time, and it booted up.. Whoooo..

***** Content Removed by Moderator: Doc - It is against the site rules to post links or information on rooting or hacking locked deices. Please refer to the site rules for more details. *****

hope this helps.

AnnaB
What's DOS?
Message 22 of 92

OMG! Adding the Pauses took care of it - mine finally booted! Thanks OnyxRich and LeeHartzheim! I guess I can cancel my Motorola Repair Service now Smiley Happy I'm up on 3.2.2 and am downloading 4.0.4 - Do I dare try Jelly Bean again????

OnyxRich
Paper Tape
Message 23 of 92

Did you do a recover/factory reset? That deletes all your old stuff that might have screwed up the update. That's all I did and then the update worked fine.

Redhead2058
What's DOS?
Message 24 of 92

OnyxRich said:

for ReadHead: you don't have to register just hit the second download button on the download page (it's smaller and gray).

Your XYBoard should be locked. Once you get to the fastboot page just plug into your computer and run his 1click file and follow the prompts.

After it loaded HoneyComb it went through a long install and then booted right up.

View original

Thanks, I will try it.  I am finding the file a long download (over 30 min?)  Just to be sure, I download this to my laptop, connect my XyBoard to the laptop, then open the file on my laptop and it will run and change the OS on my XyBoard HoneyComb?

AnnaB
What's DOS?
Message 25 of 92

OnyxRich said:

Did you do a recover/factory reset? That deletes all your old stuff that might have screwed up the update. That's all I did and then the update worked fine.

View original

I did a factory reset and thought it was working, but it kept failing... When I put the pauses in the RunMe, it worked great! I don't know if I'll try JB again... I may try it this weekend, but I'm not going to load all my apps back before I do.

Redhead2058
What's DOS?
Message 26 of 92

OnyxRich said:

See my earlier post. It worked for me and I had exactly the same symptoms as everyone else.

View original

OK, still needing help with this.  I have my XyBoard in fastboot mode and I have run the fastboot one click bat file, putting in the pauses.  It is sitting at the prompt saying it is waiting for the device.  I have plugged the XyBoard into the pc but it does not find my device.  

What now?

AnnaB
What's DOS?
Message 27 of 92

Hold the power button until unit powers off. Immediately hold both up and down volume buttons as the unit powers back on (mine automatically powered back on). When you see a black screen with white writing, release the buttons. Use the down button to highlight fastboot, use up button to select fastboot.

Redhead2058
What's DOS?
Message 28 of 92

AnnaB said:

Hold the power button until unit powers off. Immediately hold both up and down volume buttons as the unit powers back on (mine automatically powered back on). When you see a black screen with white writing, release the buttons. Use the down button to highlight fastboot, use up button to select fastboot.

View original

Thanks!  I got this part to work now.  I just can't get my pc to recognize the device is connected through a usb port.  I feel I am getting close to resolution but keep getting stymied!  I greatly appreciate the help.

LeeHartzheim
What's DOS?
Message 29 of 92

After correcting the issues and running the latest Patch i am only at 4.0.4.  It looks like Verizon removed the 4.1.2 update.  Anyone else able to get to 4.1.2?

AnnaB
What's DOS?
Message 30 of 92

Since I haven't activated mine with Verizon, yet, I think it was Motorola that published the JB update. I noticed it was no longer available as well, but I decided not to try the upgrade again right now even it was. With the high volume of calls to Motorola because of the problems, I think I'll wait until I have nothing better to do before I try it again  Smiley Happy