Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DroidudeAZ
SCSI Port
Views: 430
Message 51 of 92

Re: Xyboard will not boot

Hi Doc Brown. I've been away for a bit. I had my primary email here changed and it took a couple of weeks for Motorola to sort it out. During that time I've had no access to the forums. Doc, you had me send my Xyboard 10.1 in to Motorola to have it serviced after it bricked during the software upgrade process. I know a few other people had the same issue. When my tablet came back from Motorola in Elgin ILL, it was working fine but still on 4.0.4. I can't pull the update either. I wonder if the servers show my tablet as updated because I downloaded and installed the update, but when my phone rebooted after the install, it  locked at the boot screen. I would very much like to have my tablet OS upgraded to 4.1.2 because of the huge bevy of additional features. If it can't be upgraded I'll probably get a Nexus 10. I hope you can help me Doc!!

Rich13
What's DOS?
Message 52 of 92

docbrown said:

To ALL Posters in this Thread,

If you are still experiencing any boot-up issues following the update, please reply to this thread or send me a PM with your details. Motorola has a process to correct this situation and reflash your tablet to the new Android OS (4.1.2). Since this is a locked device, using other methods that require unlocking or rooting your tablet is risky and may lead to further issues. Even if you have unlocked your XYBoard previously, please let me know so we can help get your tablet fixed quickly and returned to stock.

I have updated several previous posts in this thread that referenced unlocking or rooting this tablet. Per the site rules, this type of content is not allowed on Motorola's forums for locked devices.

-Doc

View original

I just sent you a PM.  I have a stock Xyboard 10.1, no prior updates or mods.  Been using it since June with nary an issue until I accepted the update being pushed, since then I have the opening splash page and then the screen goes dark.  Followed Motorola instructions on factory reset, no change to the situation.

NosTek
What's DOS?
Message 53 of 92

My update failed and is gone now. Still on 4.0.4 and its reporting that my system is up to date.

AnnaB
What's DOS?
Message 54 of 92

Doc, I sent you a PM and am replying to this thread. Still on 4.0.4 and it's still reporting that it's up to date. Have not received a response from Motorola Cust Support regarding the ticket I have open with them.

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 55 of 92

AnnaB said:

Doc, I sent you a PM and am replying to this thread. Still on 4.0.4 and it's still reporting that it's up to date. Have not received a response from Motorola Cust Support regarding the ticket I have open with them.

View original

Seasons Greetings AnnaB,

I replied to your PM, please let me know if you need any additional information.

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 56 of 92

NosTek said:

My update failed and is gone now. Still on 4.0.4 and its reporting that my system is up to date.

View original

Hello NosTek,

Have not heard back from you since our last PM, did your tablet update to 4.1.2 yet? If not, please drop me another PM update on your status.

-Doc

Rich13
What's DOS?
Message 57 of 92

Well, I got my tablet back from my Motorola RMA today. 

• Getting a bad upgrade from the manufacturer was bad enough.

• Being tricked into needlessly registering for this website so I could PM Doc Brown, only to then be told I still had to call Motorola Customer Support for an RMA that I could have just called for myself, compounded the issue. 

• Waiting 62 minutes on hold just to talk to someone at Motorola Customer Support for the RMA was utterly preposterous. 

• The Level 2 person insisting I provide a receipt for purchase by implying my tablet was "out of warrantee", when Motorola is the one that broke it, was almost incendiary. 

But on top of all this, I've wasted over 2 weeks on this already, only to be behind where I was before this all started for nothing, because THEY DIDN'T EVEN INSTALL THE UPGRADE.  My tablet is still running the original 4.0.4, not 4.1.2. 

Ridiculous.

DroidudeAZ
SCSI Port
Message 58 of 92

The first time I sent my tablet in it came back working but on 4.0.4. I sent it in last week and should have it back tomorrow with the update installed. I have been a member on this forum for a few years and Doc. Brown was instrumental in getting it done for me.. 

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 59 of 92

Rich said:

Well, I got my tablet back from my Motorola RMA today. 

• Getting a bad upgrade from the manufacturer was bad enough.

• Being tricked into needlessly registering for this website so I could PM Doc Brown, only to then be told I still had to call Motorola Customer Support for an RMA that I could have just called for myself, compounded the issue. 

• Waiting 62 minutes on hold just to talk to someone at Motorola Customer Support for the RMA was utterly preposterous. 

• The Level 2 person insisting I provide a receipt for purchase by implying my tablet was "out of warrantee", when Motorola is the one that broke it, was almost incendiary. 

But on top of all this, I've wasted over 2 weeks on this already, only to be behind where I was before this all started for nothing, because THEY DIDN'T EVEN INSTALL THE UPGRADE.  My tablet is still running the original 4.0.4, not 4.1.2. 

Ridiculous.

View original

Seasons Greetings Rich,

I am sorry to hear about all the problems you have had getting your tablet fixed. This is a new process at the Service Center, stood up just for the customers experiencing update issues (which has been a tiny fraction of the total updates). That is why I asked those affected to PM me, so I can ensure they did everything necessary before choosing the servicing route (I resolved many by walking through other steps).

For those that require servicing, I have asked everyone to send me their RMA so I can work with my Motorola contacts (like Matt) to ensure things go smoothly. You can certainly send it in on your own (anyone can), but I volunteer my time here to help everyone get a better Customer Experience, by helping to communicate and track issues here on the forums. So far, the majority of these RMAs have gone well, but there have been two exceptions (yours is one of those). Despite our best efforts, a new servicing process like this can still have issues unfortunately.

What did the service ticket indicate they did? I would try a Factory Reset and wait 48 hours to see if they re-flashed you to ICS and the update will be recognized by the OTA servers now. If not, I would be glad to work directly with Motorola to help you sort this out and get it updated. I am always willing to help, the choice is yours.

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 60 of 92

Rich said:

View original

@Rich,

You had not mentioned this in your previously PMs to me, but there is no requirement that your tablet be under warranty for this fix from Motorola. Given the Level 2 agent's response, they probably were not realizing this was part of the new process and handled it like a normal repair.

-Doc