cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Posts: 6,754
Registered: ‎02-27-2011
Location: United States
Views: 540
Message 81 of 92

Re: Xyboard will not boot



rustitution said:


has anyone else been charged for this servicing?


View original


Hello rustitution,



There are no costs for servicing related tot he update. Please send me a PM and I will be glad to provide you the details.



-Doc



 

mollnar
What's DOS?
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎04-12-2014
Location: India
Views: 540
Message 82 of 92

Re: Xyboard will not boot


Dear colleagues, can someone PM me on the correct procedure how to unbrick Droid Xyboard 8.2 (after update attempt it was stuck past logo on black screen, hard reset did not help). Unfortunately i can not adress Motorola service. If it is possible to do it myself be so kind to let me know how. Thanks beforehand.



P.S. Dear Doc tried to get in contact with You via PM. If You find couple of minutes to help me, i will be grateful.

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Posts: 6,754
Registered: ‎02-27-2011
Location: United States
Views: 540
Message 83 of 92

Re: Xyboard will not boot



mollnar said:


Dear colleagues, can someone PM me on the correct procedure how to unbrick Droid Xyboard 8.2 (after update attempt it was stuck past logo on black screen, hard reset did not help). Unfortunately i can not adress Motorola service. If it is possible to do it myself be so kind to let me know how. Thanks beforehand.



P.S. Dear Doc tried to get in contact with You via PM. If You find couple of minutes to help me, i will be grateful.


View original




Hello mollnar,



I have replied to your PM with additional details and servicing options. You have an unusual situation, but this type of failure cannot be corrected by end users. Attempting to do so may worsen the situation and further limit your ability to revive it. Please review my PM and let me know if you can find a way to support my suggested next steps.



-Doc



 

KDWilson
What's DOS?
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎04-29-2014
Location: United States
Views: 540
Message 84 of 92

Re: Xyboard will not boot


Does anyone have the fix handy that they can provide?  I have about 30 of these tablets in my company and one of them is bricked as the exact scenario in this thread.  I sent Doc a PM (I know you're a busy guy!) a week ago and haven't heard a response.  I was hoping it would be something easily relayed.  Thanks.

DroidudeAZ
SCSI Port
Posts: 555
Registered: ‎10-20-2010
Location: US
Views: 540
Message 85 of 92

Re: Xyboard will not boot



KDWilson said:


Does anyone have the fix handy that they can provide?  I have about 30 of these tablets in my company and one of them is bricked as the exact scenario in this thread.  I sent Doc a PM (I know you're a busy guy!) a week ago and haven't heard a response.  I was hoping it would be something easily relayed.  Thanks.


View original


Your tablet will have to be sent to Motorola Service outside of Chicago, where the ROM will be flashed in it's entirety. Doc Brown will get back to you as far as the logistics. Mine had to go back too. He was able to get everything handled for me.

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Posts: 6,754
Registered: ‎02-27-2011
Location: United States
Views: 540
Message 86 of 92

Re: Xyboard will not boot



KDWilson said:


Does anyone have the fix handy that they can provide?  I have about 30 of these tablets in my company and one of them is bricked as the exact scenario in this thread.  I sent Doc a PM (I know you're a busy guy!) a week ago and haven't heard a response.  I was hoping it would be something easily relayed.  Thanks.


View original




Hello KDWilson,



Sorry, I had been away on business for the last couple weeks and just catching up on a backlog of requests. I have replied to your PM with the details for servicing your XYBoard.



-Doc



 

berztablet
What's DOS?
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎06-15-2014
Location: Mexico
Views: 540
Message 87 of 92

Re: Xyboard will not boot


My grandfathers (96 yr old) xyboard just ran out of warranty 6 months fixed for my grandpand they can't afford to send it in fr $150



 



Motorola splash screen then black screen can do the power up down thing but still goes to a black screen with the back lighting on



Is there a way for me to reflash a old version of android?



 



This tablet has not been modified in any way from factory settings



 



I have pm,d doc 4 days ago with no answer, we really need to get this fixed.



 



Thank you



 



 

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Posts: 6,754
Registered: ‎02-27-2011
Location: United States
Views: 540
Message 88 of 92

Re: Xyboard will not boot



berztablet said:


My grandfathers (96 yr old) xyboard just ran out of warranty 6 months fixed for my grandpand they can't afford to send it in fr $150



Motorola splash screen then black screen can do the power up down thing but still goes to a black screen with the back lighting on



Is there a way for me to reflash a old version of android?



This tablet has not been modified in any way from factory settings



I have pm,d doc 4 days ago with no answer, we really need to get this fixed.



Thank you


View original


Hello berztablet,



The first thing to ask is whether you have an SD Card in the card slot? If so, please remove it, they can become corrupt and cause the exact same issue you describe. If that is the case, then you will need to reformat the SD Card (as FAT32) in a PC before using it again. If the SD Card is not your issue, did this problem occur immediately after the recent Android OS update? If so, then please contact me again via PM and we will see about getting it serviced out of warranty



If neither of the above are causes for your issue, then your best bet is to attempt a Factory Reset, which basically reloads the Android OS from a protected system region on the tablet. If that cannot be accomplished, servicing may be your only option (sorry). Here are the steps to conduct a Factory Reset at boot-up:



  1. Power off the XYboard, press and hold the Volume up and Volume down button, then press the Power button simultaneously while powering up the unit.


  2. Screen will show up as Boot Mode Selection Menu, press Volume down key to cycle through choices until you get "Android Recovery", then press Volume up key to boot in this mode


  3. Wait for the "triangle ! / Android" screen then go on to step 4



    Android Recovery


  4. Press both Volume up and Volume down key simultaneously. A Recovery Menu will come up


  5. Tap on Volume down key until "wipe data/factory reset" is highlighted, and tap Power button. Another Confirmation screen will come. Tap on Volume down key until coming to "Yes, delete all user data" and tap Power button


  6. After userdata is cleared, the "reboot system now" option will be highlighted by Default. Tap Power button


  7. XYBoard will reboot to initial setup screen.



After the Factory Reset has completed, your XYBoard should be factory-fresh under the same Android version it was previously.



Please let me know if this helps resolves your issue or not.



-Doc



 

berztablet
What's DOS?
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎06-15-2014
Location: Mexico
Views: 540
Message 89 of 92

Re: Xyboard will not boot


No data card installed



 



No Doc this did not fix tablet, I can get to the recovery wipe mode but that is is after wipe reset it does the same thing.



 



Out of warranty unit has firmware software problems after update and does not work...



 



Please help



 



George



 

rsreynolds1
What's DOS?
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎07-09-2015
Location: United States
Views: 540
Message 90 of 92

Re: Xyboard will not boot

Doc - I aso have this issue on my XYBoard. Appreciate any help in getting it running again.