Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mark92103
What's DOS?
Views: 519
Message 1 of 13

droid xyboard 10.1 random screen refresh

In any app I'm using on my xyboard, the screen refreshes once a minute, and all the data I've entered goes away. Not just using the internet, but any app. Help!

Asilmot
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 13

Re: droid xyboard 10.1 random screen refresh

I'm having the very same issue.

luilao
802.11n
Message 3 of 13

Can you try Force Reboot - Press Volume up + Power Key..

If this issue happens are you running a 3rd party application or preloaded? Does it happens if the battery is Full, Half or below 20%? Have you done factory data reset recently? When it happens are you using WiFi or Data Plan? 

If you have done factory data reset, I'm afraid the last resort will be to send the device for repair.. 

mark92103
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 13

nothing happens whenn i press volume up and power at the same time

issue occurs with 3rd party apps and preloaded ones, occurs regardless of battery level, occurs when using wifi, data, or in airplane mode. i guess factory reset is the next option

luilao
802.11n
Message 5 of 13

I'm afraid that will be the next option.. let me know what happens yes

mark92103
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 13

Okay, after backing up personal data, I did a factory reset, and the tablet seems fine now. I'm not a fan of having such a drastic resolution, due to the follow-up work entailed in restoring data and apps, but I'm glad that my tablet is again funcitonal. Thanks for your help.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 13

I would recommend adding a group of apps at a time to see if any cause you problems. It was most likely an app that caused your problem to begin with if the tablet is fine now.

benjamin19
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 13

I am having this exact same issue.  A factory reset did not fix my issue.  Since it is under warranty, sent it in, and Motorola sent me a factory refurbished within a week.  Well turns out this xyboard has the same issue.  It is very frustrating.  If the third tablet that I am sent has the same issue, I will be forced to go away from Motorola for a tablet.  I see where used xyboards are being sold for $100-$150 on eBay, but even then I couldn't in good conscious sell this tablet to someone knowing that the problem persists.  I love motorola, have a Droid 4 and the wife has a Droid HD.  Hope it gets worked out...

Asilmot
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 13

I believe I found a solution for my issue of the screen refreshing. I no longer have an active data plan for my Xyboard so I decided to remove the SIM card (also turned data off) and for whatever reason, that seems to have stopped the screen refreshing.  Just fyi.

mark92103
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 13

Interesting that there isn't one solution that fits all. The SIM card removal makes sense to me; this always felt like a network/data issue, but I never thought of removing the SIM card. I performed my factory reset in early June and have had no problem since then. I am in agreement with Benjamin19 about being a fan of Droid, but I'm not sure this product is as good as it should be. If mine starts up with the same problem, I'll probably jump ship and go for an Ipad.  Ouch.