Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RAUSTIN
What's DOS?
Views: 778
Message 1 of 5

insufficient memory when opening Excel file

When I attempt to open a 133 KB Excel file I receive an insufficient memory. I tried opening with Google Docs with the same result.

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 5

Re: insufficient memory when opening Excel file

When I attempt to open a 133 KB Excel file I receive an insufficient memory. I tried opening with Google Docs with the same result.

Hello RAUSTIN,

Aside from Google Docs, what application are you using to open the Excel file? If you are using the version of "QuickOffice" that came with the XYBoard, then I am not surprised since it has limited abilities. I have been able to load larger and more complex Office files with two popular apps, ""OfficeSuite Pro 5" and "Docs to Go". You can try out both of these apps for free and unless you have a low amount of memory, they should allow you to load larger and more complex Office files.

-Doc

RAUSTIN
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

I have tried both OfficeSuite Pro 5 and Docs to Go with the same issue. What is considered low amount of memory? I have not downloaded or added anthing to the tablet except for quickoffice and OfficeSuite.

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 4 of 5

RAUSTIN said:

I have tried both OfficeSuite Pro 5 and Docs to Go with the same issue. What is considered low amount of memory? I have not downloaded or added anthing to the tablet except for quickoffice and OfficeSuite.

@RAUSTIN,

You can check the available internal storage space by going to Settings -> Storage. If you have plenty of memory and available space, then there might be other issues with your Excel file (complexity, nested calculations, etc.). I would suggest trying other Excel files of similar sizes and see if you get the same issue.

-Doc

finnland
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5