Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Indygg
What's DOS?
Views: 42
Message 1 of 4

Brightness

Just got my 8.2 32GB wifi only yesterday.  

Last night I noticed two things - batter life (poor, but will be a different thread) and brightness that will not dim enough.

on my 8.2 at brightness 0-5% it is as brighter than my samsung 10.1 at 25%.  The samsung has to go to about 35% to be as bright as the 8.2 at 0%.  It is brighter than I would like at 0% when I use it in bed.  Singnificantly so.  

Anyone have this?

As a second reference, my HTC thunderbolt phone at 25% is about as bright as the 8.2 at 0%

Dan62tv
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 4

Re: Brightness

It does have a bright screen but I like it the way it is, however you can download "Screen Filter" by Haxor Industry from the Market to take care of your problem.  I use it on my DroidX for night time use.  This application will let you create a filter toggle where the filter value is at a setting that you specifiy, giving you complete control over your backlighting (it is capable of making the screen black).  I tested it on my Xyboard 8.2 and it works fine there too...

Indygg
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

thanks for that info.  I have just sent it to install on my 8.2.  Will try it tonight.  

Dan62tv
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

As a follow-up, to use "Screen Filter" place the icon on your home screen for convenience. Tap the icon to enable the application.  It will apply a preset filter value and it will put an icon in the notification bar.  Open your notification bar and touch the Screen Filter icon to adjust the filter slider bar to the value that you want.  After this all you have to do is tap the screen filter icon on your home screen to toggle the filter on and off (using whatever value you had previously set it to)...