Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CPLMayo
What's DOS?
Views: 270
Message 1 of 6

Broken Screen (Xyboard 8.2)

Dear Motorola,

Due to a complete lack of professionalism and what I deem to be horrible product support I will never purchase a product from you again. My Xyboard 8.2 started having screen issues so I sent it in to be repaired under warranty. Your company promptly sent me a box to return the tablet for repair. The tablet was sent to your Eglin, IL location for repair. Within about a week I received my tablet back supposedly repaired. However once the box was opened a crack was found on the top of the screen that was not there when I sent the product in for repair. So I called your support number to complain and request that the screen be replaced. Once again this was handled promptly and the tablet was sent back off for further repairs due to damage that I assumed happened at your repair location. About two days later I get a phone call stating that the damage was not cause at the Eglin, IL facility but must have happened in transit. Instead of having a plan of action to get a very expense product fixed I was told that I needed to take the matter up with FedEx as they were the parcel carrier. Here is my first problem with this:

1.       When one calls a customer with a problem that is not the fault of the customer do not make it out to be their fault.

2.       All product packing material and coordinating was done by Motorola and not by the customer; so please explain how this is my fault.

3.       I was told that I would have to pay for the repairs if I wanted my Tablet fixed. Never mind that this is damage that I did not cause.

So now I have received my tablet back that is the equivalent of a ginormous paper weight in my opinion as the anger that I feel when I see it just makes me want to smash it with a hammer. What do I find when I open the box “The product has suffered severe physical damage due to misuse or abuse. It is not repairable, and is not covered by the warranty.” So now your company is once again stating that apparently through my use of your warranty support I have cause severe physical damage to the product.

I have purchased several different products produced by Motorola over the years and have always had fantastic luck with your products. However your update policy and now product support policy have thoroughly pushed me away from ever buying anything manufactured by your company again. While I am absolutely sure that this company could care less about one consumer I can only hope that others will read this and think twice about the quality of customer care provided by Motorola. Additionally I can say that I will never recommend any product produced by Motorola when coworkers ask which new gadget to buy. Being a very tech savvy individual that regularly purchases the latest and greatest and does thorough research hopefully I can keep others from making the same mistake that I did.

I guess I am off to contact FedEx to hopefully get enough money to purchase a new tablet from some other company and then proceed to destroy the last remnants of everything Motorola in my residence.

Signed,

Charles D Johnston

Just for your reference:

1.       RMA 301817

2.       Repair Order 26968560 RMA 333606

CPLMayo
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broken Screen (Xyboard 8.2)

I received a phone call from Motorola today! They have offered to fix my tablet at no cost to me. If it comes back from its third trip to the repair facility completely repaired I will have to write a new letter.

luilao
802.11n
Message 3 of 6

I'll check on it, sorry for the inconvenience..

luilao
802.11n
Message 4 of 6

This has been facilitated, our Repair Team are working on it.

krae1
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 6

My story is too long to write it all here but in short, I sent my tablet in on a thursday(after7days waiting for box), on monday or tuesday I get one back with a perfect screen(I was super excited). Charge it up....had a very short battery life. Despite the physical damage to what I sent them it was perfect. I am so absolutely positive I recieved a refurbished one so I call back and the lady says no its mine and says she will send a box to get battery evaluated. They swear its mine. I had a small dent on the back of my original & a deformed corner and this didn't. On the plastic that covered the screen it had a Novemberof2011 date on it(I didn't own one in that year). I got upset when they acted like I am lieing....idk if it was the girl I spoke with and told it was not mine but she or some other chick in the company sent me pictures showing what the screen said. I KNEW SHE WAS READING A SCREEN AND I DIDN'T DOUBT THAT WAS WHAT SHE READ. But, I know its not mine, I know its not her fault, and I know that I should recieve something as wonderful as what I sent them. Refurbished is ok with me but my cracked screen's battery got me 10x more battery life than what I recieved. I had high hopes about this until I got those pictures but I have to wait till Monday to call....I hope the one I call is not the one who sent the smartass pictures!!

CPLMayo
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 6

Sorry it took me so long to post this but my Tablet was repaired and has been working great. I have to give credit where credit is due. Motorola did make this right.