Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Art_Of_War
What's DOS?
Views: 9,913
Message 1 of 13

Deleting Items from Tablet

This is going to sound crazy, but how do you delete videos and pictures from the tablet? The only delete icon I see is on the home screens when you want to remove a widget. But going to the videos and pictures themselves, I don't see any place where I'm given an option to delete. I tried holding down on the videos and icons and they don't do anything. Many thanks! 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 13

Re: Deleting Items from Tablet

I find myself hunting for options on this too Smile  Menus and buttons are in different places compared to my phone....

If you are in the Gallery app and viewing a pic, is there a trash icon at the top of the screen?

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Quad4
Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 13

For some odd reason Moto chose not to include a file manager on this tablet like the one they put on the RAZR - My Files.

I can't answer your question but a solution would be to search the market for a file manager.

It took me a few days to figure out copy & pasting text! Smiley Happy So used to Gingerbread.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 13

The best file managers are ASTRO (free) and FX File Manager (also free)...

I never thought about it, but yes, you do need to install one to delete files Cool

Art_Of_War
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 13

Good. I'm glad that I wasn't the only one. mk1151, I'll go check that app out. Thanks much guys!!! Smile

Art_Of_War
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 13

eaccents said:

I find myself hunting for options on this too Smile  Menus and buttons are in different places compared to my phone....

If you are in the Gallery app and viewing a pic, is there a trash icon at the top of the screen?

No, there sure isn't. And I looked all over the screen for it too.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 13

Sorry--we must have slightly different firmware.  I have the Motorola X8.2 with WiFi only...

Art_Of_War said:

eaccents said:

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Art_Of_War
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 13

eaccents said:

Sorry--we must have slightly different firmware.  I have the Motorola X8.2 with WiFi only...

Art_Of_War said:

eaccents said:

And in the gallery app there's a trash can icon in there? You have that?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 9 of 13

I didn't have any pics on my tablet, so I just took a couple of random ones...

Here is what I see now:

open the Gallery app

see a small pic with "camera(2)" [I took 2 pics) in the middle of the screen

press on the pic in the middle of the screen >>> the two pics show up, one above the other

select the top-most pic, and it opens to take up the most of the tablet's screen

if I look in the upper right hand corner, I see 4 icons which are (from L to R)

1. play button (for slideshow?)

2. share button

3. trash icon

4. menu button

if I press on the trash icon, a drop down menu will ask if I want to confirm delete or cancel
Art_Of_War
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 13

Okay guys. I figured it out. eaccents, what you mentioned got me going in the right direction. Apparently, when I synced up my Tablet with my Google + page and Facebook, I had pictures on both of those sites. Any pictures that are sycned up from those sites (and I assume other sites as well) those pictures cannot be deleted from the tablet. There's not even an option for it. Then, I took a picture like you did and sure enough, I was able to see the trash icon right away and was able to delete that random picture easily just as you stated. I also loaded up some pictures into the tablet from my USB drive, placed it into the gallery and again, I saw the trash icon and was able to delete those pictures with no problems. Problem solved. Thanks man! Laughing

I'm guessing if I unsync from those sites, all of those pictures will then disappaear from my tablet? Maybe? Because truth be told, i don't want those "same" pictures in there actually....