Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Quad4
Fanfold Paper
Views: 215
Message 1 of 7

Dijit?

Will a new version of Dijit be included in ICS or are we stuck with the same buggy version we have now?

The problem is this:

I setup 3 devices - Panasonic TV, Motorola Cable box, Panasonic Blueray DVD.

I setup a Watch TV activity.

I use Dijit. Eventually, and quite randomly, I'll open Dijit, tap a button, then get a Force Close dialog. Restart Dijit and my devices and activties are gone. I must redo the setups above to use Dijit again. These very frequent crashes make Dijit pretty much useless.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling. Clearing cache. Factory reset. No change.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 7

Re: Dijit?

I think there have been a number of posts with a similar issue. How did you get Dijit on your device? It comes with a placehold app, and the people that have downloaded Dijit through the app that comes with the tablet have not had an issue, those that have gone to Google Play and downloaded it have.

I think it was shared by a app developer that there were some tweaks made to the Dijit code for the Xyboard. Aside from a factory reset I don't know if you can revert either...

My recommendation (if Dijit is a big issue for you) is to factory reset the device, then use Dijit and update the Dijit software from within the icon that comes with the stock SW on the Xyboard.

I don't know if this will resolve it, but I know people who downloaded Dijit with other methods have problems.

Quad4
Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 7

When I initially got my Xyboard I installed it by the Dijit app in the app drawer. This was back in Feb. but I'm fairly certain that installed it from the android market.

I had the same problem described above and did a factory reset a few months ago. Reinstalled via the app drawer icon. Same problem.

I just went into manage apps and tapped the Uninstall updates button. After I tap ok it says "The application will be replaced with the factory version." Going in the app drawer and hitting the Dijit icon downloads from the market again.

I've been seriously disappointed in the almost total vacuum of Xyboard posts. I visit a few android/tablet sites and have not seen posts on this issue, mk1151. Well, I think I read one on Dijit's board months ago - it was asking for a save feature so every time Dijit crashed you didn't have to reenter your devices.

Thanks for your reply, mk1151! I'll hold off on the factory reset until ICS. I've done way too many factory resets over the years that ended up not solving the problem, and Dijit isn't may main remote. Smiley Happy

BTW, which Dijit version number doesn't crash or get the IR error?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 7

I'll need to see if I can find it - someone posted, I think here or in the 10.1 forum, that they spoke at length with the Dijit developer who told them there was a particular implementation of drivers for Dijit on the Xyboard that required you to only download then update Dijit via the app placeholder that came with the Xyboard.

The version I have that is running well is 0.9.59

Quad4
Fanfold Paper
Message 5 of 7

Thanks mk1151. I searched here after my last post. It was in the 10.1 forum. It has to do with QuickSet SDK according to the Dijit developer...

I also have version 0.9.59. As I said I'll wait for ICS to factory reset. I don't want to do that and end up with the same issue.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 7

I hear you - odd that you are running the same version yet have the problem. Also, thank you for searching - i've had a busy day Smiley Happy

mxracer9111
Punch Card
Message 7 of 7

Hello, i have a smiliar problem. WIth ICS (stock of course) - the IR sensor losses contact with the application. It only lets me hit one button on my remote. I have done a facotry reset multiple times. Have you guys expereicned this since ics update?