Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PuppetPalClem
What's DOS?
Views: 295
Message 1 of 4

Lines on the Xyboard 8.2 screen

Hello everyone. I have an interesting issue in that their are lines on my Xyboard 8.2's screen. These are fairly faint lines, mainly visible when the tablet is off, but may also be noticeable if the light hits the tablet just right. The tablet works wonderfully, especially for the age of the tablet. The warranty is out and thus I could not get Motorola to look at it without paying a lot of money out of pocket, money I unfortunately do not have. Does anyone have any advice on this issue? Is this something that will effect my tablet's performance or longevity? Any help will be greatly appreciated and I thank you all for your time.

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lines on the Xyboard 8.2 screen

Hello PuppetPalClem,

When did the lines start appearing or have they always been present? Has the problem gotten worse over time or basically stayed the same? Do the lines change patterns, or are they always in the same location? When different apps are running, do the lines change or go away? If the problem has been consistent over a long time, it is unlikely to affect its longevity. If you can share more history about the issue, it might be possible to narrow down the possible causes.

-Doc

PuppetPalClem
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

Hello docbrown,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. I was given this tablet as a gift from a friend that had used it and they said  that they screen has always been present that they could remember. I have had the tablet for around a month and the problem hasn't gotten any worse, seems to be about the same. The lines are always in the same location. The lines appear to go away when the screen is on, but if the lights hit the screen just right or you shine a light on the screen, the lines are barely visible. I wish I had a little more information, but I only found one post about this issue and they sent their tablet to get repaired. I did put a anti-glare screen protector on it to hide the lines better and it helps. If you have any more information on this, I would greatly appreciate it. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions. Thanks again.

chrisinleedsuk1
Paper Tape
Message 4 of 4

Mine's the same. Only really visible when screen is off or if I'm using it in direct bright sunlight. I'd always assumed it was to do with how the screen had been made.