Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Quad4
Fanfold Paper
Views: 78
Message 1 of 12

My Wi-Fi XYBoard

My XYBoard 8.2 WiFi only tablet arrived yesterday and is performing very well. Good job Motorola! Smiley Happy

There are, so far, two things I find odd:

This is the fourth Android device I've owned. It is the only device without a "Never timeout" option under Display/Screen settings. Why? and will it be added in the future? 

Under About tablet/Model number, instead of XYBoard 8.2 or XYBoard, it says XOOM 2 ME. Not a big deal, just a curiosity. It did make me double check the box though. Smiley Happy

This is perhaps the wrong place to ask, but why doesn't the version of Smart Actions available on Android Market work on XYBoard?
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.motorola.contextual.smartrules 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 12

Re: My Wi-Fi XYBoard

I'm inquiring about the Model number you're seeing - stay tuned on that.

As for the screen timeout, most apps can individually control that feature now. Netflix, Kindle, etc, bypass the system screen timeout settings so it's designed to prevent your battery from draining accidentally. You can however tell the Xyboard to stay on all the time while docked and/or charging. 

Under Settings -> Applications -> Development, select "Stay Awake"

As for the Smart Actions app, I believe that is only available for the RAZR today, so it cannot be installed on other devices (for now anyway)

Edited to add: Verified that you will see "XOOM 2 ME" in your Model Number field - so you do have the right device.

Quad4
Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 12

I'm not concerned with the model name. More like a point of trivia. Smiley Wink

I'm aware of the always on while charging option.

The Smart Actions I'm talking about is on the Android Market - follow the link in my OP. This IS NOT compatible with my Droid RAZR. It is an entirely different Smart Actions by Motorola Mobility. And it is not compatible with the two Motorola android devices I own. Ironic ain't it?

I sent a link to a friend intersted in the Xyboard 8.2 WiFi. The link is to:

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Tablets/MOTOROLA-XYBOARD-8-2-w...

That link brings a page saying, "Sorry we can't find that page........Please try searching our site". Please tell me this model is not discontinued.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 12

The Smart Actions from the market is the app for the RAZR and possibly some non-US versions (If you look at the reviews, all reviewers own RAZRs). When Moto writes an app, for any device, it gets listed in the market.

If you look here:
https://market.android.com/developer?pub=Motorola+Mobility,+Inc.#?t=W251bGwsbnVsbCxudWxsLDEsImNvbS5t...

You'll see all apps, even ones not meant for all devices. When you sign in, you'll be instructed which apps are compatible with your devices. Smart Actions requires drivers and libraries native to the RAZR and some of the non-US devices. It may be a glitch that it doesn't list your RAZR as compatible. I have already notified Moto to put more details on that app page.

Until Moto publishes a multi-device version, your best bet would be to use Tasker. It has all the same capabilities (and more), but takes a little while to get the hang of. 

As for the product page link you listed, I clicked on it from your post and got to the Xyboard page no problems... please verify it still doesn't work for you...

Quad4
Fanfold Paper
Message 5 of 12

Yes that product page is still MIA for me. Going to www.motorola.com then mousing over Tablets and selecting from the dropdown menu I can bring up every product page except Xyboard 8.2 WiFi

Settings-About in Smart Actions on my RAZR say its version 1.0. The one on the market, shown as incompatible on all my devices is version 2.1.0.0. Searching for Smart Actions on my RAZR's market app shows other stuff like smart taskbar bot no SA.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 12

I can't explain the app, or the product link,  but I've flagged both to Moto...

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 7 of 12

quad4 said:

I'm not concerned with the model name. More like a point of trivia. Smiley Wink

I'm aware of the always on while charging option.

The Smart Actions I'm talking about is on the Android Market - follow the link in my OP. This IS NOT compatible with my Droid RAZR. It is an entirely different Smart Actions by Motorola Mobility. And it is not compatible with the two Motorola android devices I own. Ironic ain't it?

I sent a link to a friend intersted in the Xyboard 8.2 WiFi. The link is to:

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Tablets/MOTOROLA-XYBOARD-8-2-w...

That link brings a page saying, "Sorry we can't find that page........Please try searching our site". Please tell me this model is not discontinued.

The link works for me. Can you provide the each link you click on?

Mark
Support Forums Manager 

Mark
Former Employee
Quad4
Fanfold Paper
Message 8 of 12

Thanks for passing it along, mk. Smiley Happy

FWIW I'm in Southeast PA. My ISP is Comcast browser on my PC is Chrome (17.0.963.46 beta-m). The page is also mia on my Xyboard browser.

Quad4
Fanfold Paper
Message 9 of 12

Mark, it is back now.

Art_Of_War
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 12

quad4 said:

Yes that product page is still MIA for me. Going to www.motorola.com then mousing over Tablets and selecting from the dropdown menu I can bring up every product page except Xyboard 8.2 WiFi

Settings-About in Smart Actions on my RAZR say its version 1.0. The one on the market, shown as incompatible on all my devices is version 2.1.0.0. Searching for Smart Actions on my RAZR's market app shows other stuff like smart taskbar bot no SA.

That same thing happened to me. I had to toy around and hit other links and a bit of a wraparound before being able to access that page. I just figured maybe something was left out. A comma, a number or something. Eventually, I was able to find it, but a few days ago, it baffled me too that the most direct link could not take me to the Xyboard 8.2 WiFi.. but I was able to go there a few days later. They must've fixed it.