Did you mean: 
tri_co_id
What's DOS?
Views: 1,545
Message 1 of 9

My Xyboard won't turn on

Hi,

i need some help here.

i have a motorola xyboard 8.2 verizon version. i bought it from eBay.

for a while its working fine, until a couple days ago, its turn off because low on battery.

i'm charging it and it fine. but in the other days, it wont charge, but white led on bottom is light up and its goes off then i can power up the xyboard.

i release it charge then i plugged it again, the port kind of loose, but the white led is light up. i let it for couple of minute and its goes off. when i trying to power up the red light on top blink for 3 times. just it and it wont power up.

i was being so frustated because i have trying another similar charge and its still same.

i really confused, is it my charger error or my battery was drop or usb connector is broken ???

i has test the charger to my motorola defy and its working fine.

anybody has the same problem with me

thanks and so sorry for my bad english

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 9

Re: My Xyboard won't turn on

Hi,

i need some help here.

i have a motorola xyboard 8.2 verizon version. i bought it from eBay.

for a while its working fine, until a couple days ago, its turn off because low on battery.

i'm charging it and it fine. but in the other days, it wont charge, but white led on bottom is light up and its goes off then i can power up the xyboard.

i release it charge then i plugged it again, the port kind of loose, but the white led is light up. i let it for couple of minute and its goes off. when i trying to power up the red light on top blink for 3 times. just it and it wont power up.

i was being so frustated because i have trying another similar charge and its still same.

i really confused, is it my charger error or my battery was drop or usb connector is broken ???

i has test the charger to my motorola defy and its working fine.

anybody has the same problem with me

thanks and so sorry for my bad english

Hello tri.co.id,

It sounds like the XYBoard you purchased from eBay may have had a loose min USB receptacle that is causing you issues. The flashing red LED means that the battery is not charged, so the tablet cannot power up. The charger may work fine with other devices that have a tighter receptacle and still fail to charge your tablet. I would suggest trying other chargers to see if you can get a better fit and charge the tablet, otherwise, it might require servicing.

-Doc

tri_co_id
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 9

docbrown said:

Hello tri.co.id,

It sounds like the XYBoard you purchased from eBay may have had a loose min USB receptacle that is causing you issues. The flashing red LED means that the battery is not charged, so the tablet cannot power up. The charger may work fine with other devices that have a tighter receptacle and still fail to charge your tablet. I would suggest trying other chargers to see if you can get a better fit and charge the tablet, otherwise, it might require servicing.

-Doc

View original

Doc,

i think it maybe happen like that. my charger is not fit anymore.

but i have try a S*m*s*ng tablet charger (Rate at 5V and 2A) and connect it with original data cable which i think tighten enough but its still not work.

i'm still waiting another replacement battery from ebay on next month, to see which is error, my battery or my port charger

anyway there is another way to make the port is being more tighten like new without replacing it ?

i was live in indonesia and ordering from eBay taking too much time to arrive... Smiley Sad

TIA

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 4 of 9

tri.co.id said:

docbrown said:

Hello tri.co.id,

-Doc

View original

Doc,

but i have try a S*m*s*ng tablet charger (Rate at 5V and 2A) and connect it with original data cable which i think tighten enough but its still not work.

i'm still waiting another replacement battery from ebay on next month, to see which is error, my battery or my port charger

anyway there is another way to make the port is being more tighten like new without replacing it ?

i was live in indonesia and ordering from eBay taking too much time to arrive... Smiley Sad

TIA

View original

@tri.co.id,

If you are using the original data cable to the XYBoard, but with the Samsung charger, that really wouldn't fix a loose connector (since the connector is on the data cable, correct?). Do you have another data cable to see if it would fit better in your XYBoard? I don't think a new battery will help at all and be aware that replacing the battery yourself will void any remaining warranty on the tablet and is very risky. If a new data cable will not fit better into the receptacle, then your tablet will likely need a new USB receptacle. I have only seen that part available through Motorola servicing, I don't think it is available anywhere else.

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 5 of 9

tri.co.id said:

docbrown said:

Hello tri.co.id,

-Doc

View original

Doc,

TIA

View original

@tri.co.id,

If you are using the original data cable to the XYBoard, but with the Samsung charger, that really wouldn't fix a loose connector (since the connector is on the data cable, correct?). Do you have another data cable to see if it would fit better in your XYBoard? I don't think a new battery will help at all and be aware that replacing the battery yourself will void any remaining warranty on the tablet and is very risky. If a new data cable will not fit better into the receptacle, then your tablet will likely need a new USB receptacle. I have only seen that part available through Motorola servicing, I don't think it is available anywhere else.

-Doc

tri_co_id
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 9

Doc,

i do not know how, but my tablet now is on.

last night i trying to connect it to usb port at computer, the white led goes on. then i let it about 6 hours to sleep and it power on and charging at 40%

the problem now is when i plug it to original charger it said charging is not optimized.

i have trying many charger (ipad or any charger that comes with 5V and 2.1 A) but its still said "charging not optimized/low charging notification"

really2 confused. maybe like you said before, my tablet need a new receptapcle.

anyother suggestion ?

i'm still wondering, there is the receptapcle or the battery ?

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 7 of 9

tri.co.id said:

Doc,

i do not know how, but my tablet now is on.

last night i trying to connect it to usb port at computer, the white led goes on. then i let it about 6 hours to sleep and it power on and charging at 40%

the problem now is when i plug it to original charger it said charging is not optimized.

i have trying many charger (ipad or any charger that comes with 5V and 2.1 A) but its still said "charging not optimized/low charging notification"

really2 confused. maybe like you said before, my tablet need a new receptapcle.

anyother suggestion ?

i'm still wondering, there is the receptapcle or the battery ?

View original

@tri.co.id,

That message means you are not using the specific cable (between the tablet and charger brick) for the device. Those Motorola cables are wired slightly differently than standard retail cables. You may want to consider purchasing a new charger & cable from Amazon (or other retail outlet).

-Doc

tri_co_id
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 9

my problem has been solve. i change usb port from ebaY and now its work like usual ...

thanks

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 9 of 9

tri.co.id said:

my problem has been solve. i change usb port from ebaY and now its work like usual ...

thanks

View original

Hello again tri.co.id,

Thanks for providing the update and sharing what you did to solve this. Did you actually change the USB port or the charger/cable?

-Doc