Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
designerpaul
What's DOS?
Views: 372
Message 1 of 14

Pinstriping on Screen

I've searched and not found relevant information on this question, so, here goes...

I bought my Droid Xyboard 8.2 32 GB (4G) new at a Verizon corporate store in April 2013, and I have this pinstriping on the display that shows when you hit the light just right, and it doesn't take much to be "just right" (actually, it's harder to NOT see it).  I want to know - is this normal?  I've only seen one other on display at a Verizon store, but the display on that one looks smooth, without the pinstriping.  Do I need to have this thing repaired?  Replaced (replaced may be iffy, it took a while to find this one)?

Any thoughts?  I don't know if anyone even ever looks at this particular forum anymore.

(edit: Forgot to mention - it came out of the box like this, I'm just now asking.)

luilao
802.11n
Message 2 of 14

Re: Pinstriping on Screen

Are you using any screen protector? If you are is it okay if you remove it and check? We do stand by our products and since you have this one recently. Difinitely it can be repaired for free. All you have to do is to contact customer service and we will arrange the repair for you.

kevinsoucy
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 14

my first one kind of looked like that, but it wa stolen.   my second one does not, and is about the sharpest of any screen i have seen on a tablet.  i would get it replaced if it isunder warranty.

designerpaul
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 14

I AM using a screen protector.  I put it on hoping that it would help mask the striping, but it did not.

kevinsoucy
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 14

after using a screen protector on my xoom, and on my samsung 8.9 for a while, I decided it was easier to wipe the screen once a day with eyeglass cleaner and a soft cloth to remove the fingerprints.   i bought cheap ones on line and had the $40 one installed, and hated them all....

kevinsoucy
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 14

the lines in the screen are similar to what are calles retrace lines in a CRT.   I am quite sure that they are a defect in the screen even though they dont show up when it is powered on, so I think you shoud return to verizon or moto and have it replaced.   i have had very good luck with moto service with my xoom, much different than many other posters here.

luilao
802.11n
Message 7 of 14

I'm thinking it's the digitizer, the one under the screen so that the screen will respond to static. Anyway you can contact customer service Here so that they can arrange your repair.

designerpaul
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 14

They do show when powered on, but if I can get it repaired, I will.

I did research before I bought this tablet.  This is the tablet that I wanted, and other than the screen striping, I love it.  I mean, yeah, the battery could last longer, but what mobile device couldn't have a longer lasting battery?

I still have my Xoom, and still use it, but it is WiFi only and I wanted a 'go anywhere' tablet.  But now I'm just rambling...

kevinsoucy
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 14

sounds like we have done the same, i have upgraded to the xyboard from my xoom but also use an ipad mini most of the tme now, the battery life is 2x the xyboard even on LTE.   but i still like the contrast and sharpenss of the screen on the xyboard.

designerpaul
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 14

Anyone know about how long it would take to get repaired and sent back?  It would be coming from the Nashville, TN area to wherever, and back.  I go on vacation next week, and don't want to have it delivered to my doorstep to wait outside for me to return for several days...