Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XYBoard8_2Newb
What's DOS?
Views: 43
Message 1 of 5

Purchase Protection

Hello.  I just purchased and received my XYBoard and so far am pleased with it.  I was contemplating getting the iPad3 in April when it comes out, but decided I wanted something more "PC"ish.  So far my experience is with the iPhone as far as apps go...and one thing I am curious about and hoping someone can help me with is does the XYBoard have the ability to require a password or pin code when going to purchase an application.  Is this possible?  I am afraid that if my children get a hold of it and I have a CC stored in the device, I may wake up one morning owing my life savings.  Not just the kids...but, also in case the device was stolen.  I know there is the lock screen setting...but, I am hoping that it would at least allow a password to be entered before any purchase?  Any input would be great.  Thanks in advance!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 5

Re: Purchase Protection

Welcome aboard!

You can do this in the Android market, I'm not 100% sure about other market.
But for the Android market, open the market, press the menu button, (upper right corner), select settings, there you will see the option to"set or change PIN".
And right above that you will see the option for using your PIN for app purchases.

Thanks,
J
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 5

Remy said:

Welcome aboard! You can do this in the Android market, I'm not 100% sure about other market. But for the Android market, open the market, press the menu button, (upper right corner), select settings, there you will see the option to"set or change PIN". And right above that you will see the option for using your PIN for app purchases. Thanks, J

This is great information!  Should go into the Tips and Tricks sections Smiley Happy 

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
XYBoard8_2Newb
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 5

Remy - thank you for the response.  I appreciate the quickness of it and I look forward to more posts and responses!  Thanks again!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 5

XYBoard8.2Newb said:

Remy - thank you for the response.  I appreciate the quickness of it and I look forward to more posts and responses!  Thanks again!

Your Welcome.

There is a very good user base here that are always willing to help.

Eaccents, I think you are right, we should slide that into the tips & tricks thread. Wink

Thanks,

J