Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Quad4
Fanfold Paper
Views: 95
Message 1 of 11

Screen lockup?

Periodically the screen will lock up on my Xyboard. It is not a system crash/lock. This is where the screen stops reacting to touch. Usually putting it in sleep mode with the power button and then waking it clears the problem. Other times it requires a hard reset -- hold power and volume down.

I've had this issue twice on my RAZR since I got it in December.

I've had it happen at least 5 times on my Xyboard since I got it Feb 1st.

Known issue? Do others have this issue?

TIA

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 11

Re: Screen lockup?

Have only had the X8.2 for a week, but have not noticed this. 

Perhaps it is an app issue?  Do you have the same apps on your RAZR as you have on the X8.2???

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Quad4
Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 11

It could be an app issue. Today it happened opening the browser from the clock/weather widget. Other times it has been in a game or opening the notify area.

On the RAZR it happened once scrolling home screens, the other time scrolling in the app drawer. At the time I saw a couple posts from other people with the same issue. I can't remember where though.

Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 11

Clock widget [which I do not have on any of my home pages] has been problematic for some users...can't remember the details right now but I remember reading it somewhere....

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 11

Also, have noticed that a few of the apps I use often on my phone don't run quite as smoothly on the tablet.  The X8.2 is so new that devs may still be updating their apps to play nicely with our specs...

Quad4
Fanfold Paper
Message 6 of 11

Yes same here. Browsers being the worst.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 11

quad4 said:

Yes same here. Browsers being the worst.

Yeah, I have 3 browsers (Opera, Dolphin, and stock) and it seems they all run smoother on the phones than on the tab.  Not too bad on the tab, but just a little glitchy, I'd say...hopefully that will be resolved soon.

bigach
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 11

Same issues here.... varies from App to App... 

I found the browser was a great cluprit, I ditched the stock browser and dolphin... and now I alternate between Opera Mobile and  Maxthon Mobile Browser  - which seem a lot more stable!

Also, Google Currents did not get along well at all with my tab, that app almost always caused a hang up and reboot!  So  I uninstalled it!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 9 of 11

bigach said:

Same issues here.... varies from App to App... 

I found the browser was a great cluprit, I ditched the stock browser and dolphin... and now I alternate between Opera Mobile and  Maxthon Mobile Browser  - which seem a lot more stable!

Also, Google Currents did not get along well at all with my tab, that app almost always caused a hang up and reboot!  So  I uninstalled it!

I read in another thread somewhere in the Moto Forums (phone thread) that Google Currents was a huge resource hog, so it makes sense that it would cause hang-ups and reboots.

Quad4
Fanfold Paper
Message 10 of 11

I'm giving Maxthon a try. Seems to perform ok so far.

I never used Google currents - thanks for the tip!