cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djbmoto
What's DOS?
Views: 51
Message 1 of 4

Sync issue due to the new "Sync Browser" option?

Today I just noticed that my calendar was not syncing with my Google calendar, and went in to settions>accounts and noticed that the sync brower (which was new to me) had stalled and turned the sync circle "red".  I then shut off sync browser and rebooted a couple times and my calendar is now synced.  Seems that Google is adding feattures as don't recall seeing sync browser.

Just curious, is there a webpage that documents or advises updates to this device so that I don't scratch my head each time?  The "Apps" do a great job of advising changes, sure would be nice to see changes in the OS.

Build #: 1.6.0M-218.14-MZ609

Thanks,

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sync issue due to the new "Sync Browser" option?

I was just checking out my accounts on my Xyboard 8.2. I do not have a "sync browser" in any of my accounts.

This would lead me to think that maybe you have a third party app installed, something like "chrome bookmarks" or some kind of a sync app?

Could you please list you installed apps, and mybe we could figure out which one is giving your issues?

Thanks,

J

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 4

I looked as well in my account sync settings--I have no option to sync browser.  I only see the following:

1. books

2. calendar

3. contacts

4. gmail

5. google photos

6. google reader

7. music

8. picasa web albums

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
djbmoto
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

Thanks, and interesting.

To start, I haven't purposely downloaded any browser sycning programs as I've been waiting for the native browser to do that.  When I first started up the device I went in to the browser options, settings>sync with google Chrome.  Since I had not downloaded anything, I was presuming this was a native app.  Most of my bookmarks from my PC Chrome did sync with the xyboard, but not all of them.  (I previously had the xoom, and it also "kinda" worked)   I would say about 3/4 of my gmail synced PC chrome apps sync with xyboard.

I have now Unchecked my "Sync Browser" and the calendar is working fine again.

In my Accounts & Sync I have:

Books

Browser

Calendar

Contacts

Currents

Docs

Gmail

Google Photos

Google +

Music

Picasa Web Albums

fyi, in my browser, I can log in and get my chrome page up with my avatar just fine.

I honestly don't think that this is related to installed apps as this was an issue from open the box bootup/setup, and the same problem I had, that being not all favorites synced, with my xoom.  I personally think that they have given up trying to fix this with ICS on it's way pretty darn soon. 

Anyway, and to answer your question on apps installed:  Adobe Flash, Animated Weather, Apparatus, Astro Pro, B&N Nook, Backgammon, Beautiful Widgets, Books, Calendar Pad Pro, Century 21 Real Estate Search, Currents, Dijit, Docs, Dropbox, Earth, Engadget, Enjoy Soduku, Euchre, Flightboard, Flighttrack, Goggles, Google Sky Map, Google Voice, Google+, GPS Test Plus, HifiCorder, HW Spades, iFitness, IMDb, Listen, Maps, Market, MotoPack, MotoPrint, Movies, Music, My Verizon Mobile, Netflix, Opentable, Pandora, Portal Live Wallpaper, Quickoffice Pro HD, Stopwatch & Timer, Street View, Sundroid, TeamViewer, TED Air, TegraZone Games, The Weather Channel, Translate, TripAdvisor, TuneIn Radio Pro, TV listings, USA today, Videso, VideoSurf, WeatherPro, WSDOT, Xplane, Xfinity TV, Yelp, Zillow.

Whew....

Ok, running Apps, Settings, Animated Weather, Motorola Location Proxy Service, Google Serivces, Email, Maps, com.motorola.dockservice, and Android Keyboard.

Current Build: 1.6.0M-218.14.MZ609.

Good luck... but was just curiuous and patiently standing by for ICS, I know it's getting close for the RAZR--- Smile, which I have.

Thanks,