Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shirokuro73
Paper Tape
Views: 78
Message 1 of 6

XYBOARD 8.2: Cannot update MOTOPRINT application - Market force closes

Hi!

Just got a Droid Xyboard 8.2 yesterday - very nice tablet!  I'm having an issue though, where when I go into the printer settings, it tells me there's an update to MOTOPRINT.  If I choose to update, it takes me to the marketplace.  When I click the Update button on the market place, it starts opening the "Accept and update" dialogue box, but then the Market force closes.

This happens 100%, whether over Wifi or LTE.  I have rebooted the tablet also.  Have not tried factory reset yet though.

Has anyone else had this issue??

Thanks!

PS My tablet is going to have to be exchanged anyway, as it has some dead pixels on the screen.  I'll see if the replacement has the same Motoprint updating issue or not.

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 6

Re: XYBOARD 8.2: Cannot update MOTOPRINT application - Market force closes

@shirokuro73,

There are many app issues with the new Google Marketplace that cause FCs. In these cases, you are best to try accessing the market via the browser (I prefer to use the Dolphin Pad browser from the market for better stability). Simply log into your Google account through the browser and then try requesting uninstall/reinstall/update via the web portal which will push updates to your tablet via "My Apps" on the market.

-Doc

shirokuro73
Paper Tape
Message 3 of 6

Hi doc,

Thanks!  I will give it a try from the website, and see if that helps.  Today, I just noticed a bunch of graphical glitches on the marketplace.  Google needs to get their act in gear!

I don't suppose your flux capacitor might help to fix this up?  :-)

Craig

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 4 of 6

Make sure you update your profile with your new serial number and your new tablet model.

Go to android market and search for MOTOPRINT.  There should be two versions.  Try the US version and then try to push that to your Xyboard.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 5 of 6

@shirokuro73,

You are quite welcome, I am always glad to help (even if it includes using my Flux capacitor!).

Please post your results once you reinstall the app.

-Doc

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 6 of 6

This got lost in the forums transition -- did you get it solved?

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!