Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,153
Message 1 of 33

XYBoard 8.2 Jelly Bean Waiting Room [Official]

The Droid XYboard 8.2 (Verizon) will soon begin receiving an update to Android 4.1.2, code named Jelly Bean, If you own an XYBoard 8.2 (Verizon) tablet and are waiting for your own bag of Google Jelly Beans, this is the waiting room for you! Here we will track the roll out progress, address upgrade issues and make certain everyone receives the Jelly Bean flavors they are waiting for. When the OTA distribution window has closed, we will make certain no one gets left behind (beanless).

Here's some of the new capabilities that will be delivered with Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean):

• Project Butter - Buffering tweaks, increased frame rates, a system which keeps rendering and touch input events in sync better, and touch prediction come together to make everything run just a little bit more nicely.

• Offline voice typing - When your device has a poor data connection or no connection at all, voice-to-text tasks are crunched locally instead of in the cloud.

• Google Now - It's Google's attempt to predict what you'll need and get it to you before you even realize you need it. In theory, your device should learn your habits, interests and so on, and then offer up relevant traffic, weather and point-of-interest information.

• Voice search - Google's voice search is now powered by Knowledge Graph, meaning that you'll receive what Google deems to be the best answer to your query first, followed by relevant web results.

• Notifications - In Jelly Bean, the notification bar can do more than ever. It can now expand, to show you a portion of your inbox, rather than just the number of emails waiting for you.

As you repeatedly and anxiously check for updates every few minutes, this waiting room will provide you a place to hang out with fellow XYBoard owners waiting to receive their Android Jelly Bean, providing therapy and a venting outlet as you nervously pace the waiting room floor.

During your stay in this upgrade purgatory, this thread will address:

• Any download issues or failed failed update(S).

• Any other unexpected surprises.

• Communications, download or reboot issues (Motorola also keeps a watch here).

• Suggestions or lessons learned for those who are still waiting

• Issues with unlocked or rooted XYBoard tablets. Note that the update will fail unless the tablet is running a stock image and locked..

This waiting room is yours, so feel free to discuss any other topics related to the upgrade before, during and after the wait. As always, please let me know how I can help your wait. I will be posting on this thread if there are additional communications from Motorola about this release, so consider subscribing. For customers with Droid XYBoard 10.1" tablets, there is another JB waiting room thread in that forum discussion area.

Once the new Jelly Bean update process begins rolling out puiblicly, I will open another thread to discuss Jelly Bean post-implementation issues, tips and suggestions.

Current Release Statuses:

11/22/13  -  Jelly Bean 4.1.2 for Droid XYBoard 8.2" tablets (Verizon) is preparing for public release

Welcome to the waiting room, grab a cyber soda, Jelly Bean candy and a cozy chair!

-Doc

tri_co_id
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 33

Re: XYBoard 8.2 Jelly Bean Waiting Room [Official]

Doc, my xyboard has receive this update by OTA

after successfully download, i install it, then it shutdown and enter the 'green android' icon...

but before it finish it reboot itself and its said "the updated is failed" on screen.

i try about 3-4 times and just the same like this.

any suggestion ?

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 3 of 33

tri.co.id said:

after successfully download, i install it, then it shutdown and enter the 'green android' icon...

but before it finish it reboot itself and its said "the updated is failed" on screen.

any suggestion ?

View original

Hello again tri.co.id,

Perhaps this is related to the issues you were having with booting up the tablet (per your other thread)? That was unusual behavior, so it could be a corrupted or incomplete installation. Have you unlocked or rooted your tablet? Please provide your MEID and I will see if a technician can check your communications.

-Doc

tri_co_id
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 33

docbrown said:

tri.co.id said:

any suggestion ?

View original

Hello again tri.co.id,

Perhaps this is related to the issues you were having with booting up the tablet (per your other thread)? That was unusual behavior, so it could be a corrupted or incomplete installation. Have you unlocked or rooted your tablet? Please provide your MEID and I will see if a technician can check your communications.

-Doc

View original

i dont think this related to my other thread issue Smiley Very Happy because its said completely successfully download the update and the update offer to install it now or later, and i press install now...and just like that...it happen 3-4 other times after i trying to update

i have rooted my xyboard, and has hard reset/ factory default resetting it.

ehm, i'm not familiar with MEID, can you tell me whats is MEID and where i can find it ?

RobotechXB9R
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 33

I am having the same issue. Update downloads fine and I tell it to install. Reboots tablet and starts updating then android red triangle shows and and progress stops. Tablet reboots back to ICS and it says update failed. My device is rooted currently. Hopefully, you guys can help! Thanks!

RobotechXB9R
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 33

After some research, I think it maybe that I am missing some files that came loaded on this tablet from the factory. Not sure which ones as I may have delete some "factory apps" once I rooted it a long time ago. Could someone point me in the direction of getting a factory image and installing it on my xyboard 8.2?

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 7 of 33

RobotechXB9R said:

After some research, I think it maybe that I am missing some files that came loaded on this tablet from the factory. Not sure which ones as I may have delete some "factory apps" once I rooted it a long time ago. Could someone point me in the direction of getting a factory image and installing it on my xyboard 8.2?

View original

Hello RobotechXB9R,

The XYBoard is a locked device, so Motorola and Google do not provide stock ROM images or assistance with unlocking/re-locking the tablet. It is common for updates to fail on rooted/unlocked devices, since minor differences in the image will cause the process to abort (to avoid causing other incompatibility issues). There maybe sources for third party ROMs on the Internet, but due to Motorola's site rules for locked devices, they cannot be posted here. If you can restore your device to 100% stock and relock it, then it should update correctly.

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 8 of 33

tri.co.id said:

docbrown said:

tri.co.id said:

any suggestion ?

View original

Hello again tri.co.id,

-Doc

View original

i dont think this related to my other thread issue Smiley Very Happy because its said completely successfully download the update and the update offer to install it now or later, and i press install now...and just like that...it happen 3-4 other times after i trying to update

i have rooted my xyboard, and has hard reset/ factory default resetting it.

ehm, i'm not familiar with MEID, can you tell me whats is MEID and where i can find it ?

View original

@tri.co.id,

The MEID is located under Settings -> About tablet -> Status (then scroll down). If your XYBoard is currently rooted (unlocked), then it will not update. The Android update process requires a device to be running the current stock ROM image in a locked state. If there are any differences or exceptions, the process will fail.

-Doc

Syndrome
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 33

I've got an 8.2 that has not been rooted. I attempted to the update it, and now it is bricked due to this 'update'

When you turn the unit on, it boots to the Motorola Splash screen then the screen goes black(with backlight still on) and stays there until you hold the power button down for 5-10 seconds to do a hard shutdown.

I would advise anyone with a Xyboard 8.2 or 10.1 to NOT perform this update, as it will brick their unit. I know that I am not alone in this, as I have physically seen in person 3 different Xyboard 8.2 tablets that have been bricked by this 'update'

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 10 of 33

Syndrome said:

I've got an 8.2 that has not been rooted. I attempted to the update it, and now it is bricked due to this 'update'

When you turn the unit on, it boots to the Motorola Splash screen then the screen goes black(with backlight still on) and stays there until you hold the power button down for 5-10 seconds to do a hard shutdown.

I would advise anyone with a Xyboard 8.2 or 10.1 to NOT perform this update, as it will brick their unit. I know that I am not alone in this, as I have physically seen in person 3 different Xyboard 8.2 tablets that have been bricked by this 'update'

View original

Hello Syndrome,

Sorry you had an issue applying the update to your tablet. There has been an issue with a very small number of XYBoards during this update that requires reflashing the tablet. Please send me a Private Message with your details and I will help you get your XYBoard updated and working again.

-Doc