Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Views: 318
Message 21 of 33

Re: XYBoard 8.2 Jelly Bean Waiting Room [Official]

bobkathyg said:

Hello, I have a Xyboard 8.2 that has not received the update. The device was originally on Verizon but is no longer and I just use it via wifi.

Is it still possible to get the upgrade? 

Bob

View original

Hello bobkathyg,

Yes, there is still plenty of time to address your issue and get your tablet updated. Have you tried a Factory Reset yet and then waited 48+ hours to see if the update triggers? If not, that would be the next step (make sure to backup any data you want to keep, since the FR will erase and reload your tablet).If you try that and still don't receive the update, then send me a PM and I will help you get the device re0flashed.

-Doc

Schmidt
What's DOS?
Message 22 of 33

I am having the same issue as others. The download works fine but during installation I get the android triangle with a "!". Any help is very appreciated. Please message me if you have a solution.

bobkathyg
What's DOS?
Message 23 of 33

Hello Doc,

I have performed the Factory Reset but still no update.  All data was wiped as you described and its been four days - so I guess it's not going to happen automatically.

Bob

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 24 of 33

bobkathyg said:

Hello Doc,

I have performed the Factory Reset but still no update.  All data was wiped as you described and its been four days - so I guess it's not going to happen automatically.

Bob

View original

Hello bobkathyg,

I just replied to your PM with the details and explanation of the likely cause. Please update me with your next steps, so I can ensure you get your XYBoard updated and stable on Android 4.1.2.

-Doc

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 25 of 33

Schmidt said:

I am having the same issue as others. The download works fine but during installation I get the android triangle with a "!". Any help is very appreciated. Please message me if you have a solution.

View original

Hello Schmidt,

I replied to your PM with the likely cause and correction for this issue. Please let me know if you have any additional questions, I am here to help you get this corrected.

-Doc

Obsidian64
What's DOS?
Message 26 of 33

I tried to perform an update from 4.0.4 to 4.1.2 on my Xyboard 8.2. I tried 12 times from November to today (20 mins ago). Upgrade just fails each time. No rooting, performed a factory reset, almost everything I can thing of. I am currently on ICS. What can I do to get this to work?

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 27 of 33

Obsidian64 said:

I tried to perform an update from 4.0.4 to 4.1.2 on my Xyboard 8.2. I tried 12 times from November to today (20 mins ago). Upgrade just fails each time. No rooting, performed a factory reset, almost everything I can thing of. I am currently on ICS. What can I do to get this to work?

View original

Hello Obsidian64,

I also read your PM to me concerning this issue and replied with the detailed next steps. Please review my reply and let me know how you would like to proceed.

-Doc

chrisinleedsuk1
Paper Tape
Message 28 of 33

Is anyone else having an issue with the dock application? On ICS when I docked mine it would rotate the screen 90° and chop off the notification bar at the bottom which worked pretty well (especially for renting films on Google Play etc...). On JB the screen doesn't rotate automatically so I have to tip the whole dock over and then it chops off the top of the screen on the television. It's a real shame as the work and play kit cost me a fair amount of money and was a major draw to this device!

chrisinleedsuk1
Paper Tape
Message 29 of 33

chrisinleedsuk said:

Is anyone else having an issue with the dock application? On ICS when I docked mine it would rotate the screen 90° and chop off the notification bar at the bottom which worked pretty well (especially for renting films on Google Play etc...). On JB the screen doesn't rotate automatically so I have to tip the whole dock over and then it chops off the top of the screen on the television. It's a real shame as the work and play kit cost me a fair amount of money and was a major draw to this device!

View original

Sorry, found a better place to ask:

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/864289774f?commentId=763531#763531

tri_co_id
What's DOS?
Message 30 of 33

hello again.

my xyboard was receive notification for update.

my device is rooted, if i must un rooted it to update, so how i cant unrooted it ?