Did you mean: 
docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Views: 212
Message 31 of 33

Re: XYBoard 8.2 Jelly Bean Waiting Room [Official]

tri.co.id said:

hello again.

my xyboard was receive notification for update.

my device is rooted, if i must un rooted it to update, so how i cant unrooted it ?

View original

Hello tri.co.id,

Yes, the XYBoard cannot be updated in a rooted or unlocked state. This is a locked Android device, so Motorola does not provide support on how to re-lock (nor unlock) the tablet. As with all locked devices, they do not provide stock ROMs to reload and you will need that to return the device to a "factory fresh" condition. I would suggest searching the Internet for assistance on how to remove root and re-lock the device to stock.

If you still cannot get the OTA update process to recognize your XYBoard after it has been relocked with a stock image, then I can help you get it updated (same as all members posting here).

-Doc

flatl1n3
What's DOS?
Message 32 of 33

Hi

If it's not too late I'd like some help about this too

When I try to update OTA my xyboard I get a message saying :

"Motorola service error

An internal server error occured. Please try again"

I tried by going to "system update" or by trying to link my motorola id to my tablet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 33 of 33

Hello flatl1n3,

This Android update started almost a year ago, so I'm not sure if there is still support for it or not. The error you are describing is not like any error I had seen previously. Have you tried backing up your data and doing a Factory Reset? If you have an OS installation issue that is impacting the update, that may resolve it.

-Doc