Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alayos
Paper Tape
Views: 536
Message 1 of 4

XYBoard charging question

I have a Verizon XYBoard 8.2 16GB tablet which I bought used. The oiginal charger that came with the tablet was not included. The official Motorola charger for the XYBoard is $29.99 on the Verizon store, which I think is not only too high priced but is only a micro usb charger to wall outlet. I was doing research and found the XYBoard needs at least a 600mA or 1.6 Amps charging rate. I have a Apple usb charger rated at 12W and according to my research charges at 2.5 Amps, more than enough. The Apple charger is basically designed to charge all version of iPads, iPhones, etc. Also, the Motorola charger is 8 Watts while the Apple charger is 12 Watts.

My question, why do I still get the Charger Alert stating the charger is not optimize for this tablet when usng the Apple 12 Watt charger? Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 4

Re: XYBoard charging question

The iPad charger should be fine, I've used one on mine as well.

Moto phones come with a 880mAh charger, the Xyboards I believe come with a 1200mAh (1.2 Amps) charger. 600mAh will not be enough to charge the Xyboard. It may seem to work but you will probably get errors about the tablet being plugged into an inadequate power source.

alayos
Paper Tape
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for response. So basically the Apple charger will still charge with no problems, just at a slower rate it seems. Sorry, this leads me to 2nd question, if I am going to use the XYBoard as a mobile hotspot, I will keep the tablet plugged into a power source, same as I do with my iPhone 4s. Will the Apple charger provide enough power to keep the table with eough power for the hotspot but also charge the tablet at the same time or will the tablet be discharged because the charging rate may not be ample enough?

mxracer9111
Punch Card
Message 4 of 4

I have had an issue with my stock charger. Moto even sent me a new one. Moto said any charger would be ok. My DROID Razr Max HD cable charges the tablet better than the stock xyboard tablet. I thought that it might be a issue and even sent it in to moto for an opinion; however, the device came back with a clean bill of health.