Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
originaldobo
What's DOS?
Views: 304
Message 1 of 8

Xyboard 8.2 sound issue after ICS update

So Ive noticed that after the update the system volumes are incredibly low and the speaker on the botttom does not function all the time and the sound is generally buggy. Also just like to get a answer on this, did I just buy a tablet that has just been dropped from any support or updates? This tablet is a year old and my Xoom is almost 2 years old and they still support that. What gives motorola. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 8

Re: Xyboard 8.2 sound issue after ICS update

We use the Xyboard 8.2 to watch Netflix.  The speaker seems fine for us...

Can you give us detailed examples of what you are doing where the sound doesn't work properly?  What app are you using? What connection?  What else are you doing on the device?  Etc.  This will help others to try to duplicate what you are experiencing.

did I just buy a tablet that has just been dropped from any support or updates? This tablet is a year old and my Xoom is almost 2 years old and they still support that.

What?  Did you call Moto and they told you the device was no longer supported? And aren't we discussing an issue that might relate to  the ICS update, which happened recently?

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
originaldobo
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 8

The issue I'm reffering to is the rotational speaker when the tablet is in Landscape mode It works sometimes, (ie) youtube and pandora , does not work with google music or play movies. Second the touch sounds and lock sound are incredibly soft and almost impossible to hear. This may have started after the update to ICS 4.0.4 Ive only owned this Tablet for now 5 days so its not something that has occured over time. I reached out to motorola support on twitter and asked them about the issue and they said they were aware of the issue, they requested that I post it in here as well. As far as the support issue my concern being that this tablet is old news and now being dropped from any future update or matinece support. Im no new guy on the block when it comes to tablets, android or motorla products. If I could unlock this bootloader id fix this tablets mess my self! Most users in this forum are consumers and not power users any how so I really dont expect them to get it anyhow.

mcin3
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 8

im having this same exact issue. is this something that will be updated in the next os change or should i send this in for repair?

suzzpect
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 8

I just purchased this xyboard 8.2 last week and updated to ics a couple days ago.  i immediatly noticed that the sound didnt rotate along with the screen which is very annoying.  i was very happy to have a tablet that that rotates the sound along with the screen since my samsung tab 7.0 didnt have this feature and now that feature no longer works. i really like this tablet but motorolas lack of launchig an update properly is killing it for me. i called motorola and there answer for a fix was to send it to service... why would i send a new tabket to service thats  in the return period???? i cant exchange it because no store near me has another one.  if i cant find a fix by the end of my return period i just may return it for the samsung tab 10.1. i normally buy motorola products but this one is not doing it for me. it has so much potencial but motorola does not know what to do with it. im guessing they are working on another failing tablet to be launched this year nobody will buy... 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 8

The sound did use to in portait mode would come out of thwe top speaker. When your turned it to landscape mode the sound would come out of both the right and left speaker. 

Since the ICS mine does no longer do that as well. I'll pass this along.

Thanks,

J

ajay161
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 8

I have contacted Moto about this and they came back with this response:

Thank you for your feedback. 

I would like to inform you that indeed after the upgrade to ICS, this feature in XOOM 2 Media Edition has been disabled. 

What I can do for just now is to forward your suggestion to the Product team for future consideration. In this present moment we have no other options to offer, but we value your opinion and the time you are taking to help us improve our products. 

Thank you!

Great!!

mxracer9111
Punch Card
Message 8 of 8

ajay16 said:

I have contacted Moto about this and they came back with this response:

Thank you for your feedback. 

I would like to inform you that indeed after the upgrade to ICS, this feature in XOOM 2 Media Edition has been disabled. 

What I can do for just now is to forward your suggestion to the Product team for future consideration. In this present moment we have no other options to offer, but we value your opinion and the time you are taking to help us improve our products. 

Thank you!

Great!!

View original

At least they didn't answer you. It takes time to get everything in order after Google bought Moto. I am experiencing a similar problem. I hope they release 4.1 and it fixes all these little issues.