Did you mean: 
Quad4
Fanfold Paper
Views: 120
Message 1 of 7

Xyboard why fors and what nots?

(A letter to Sanjay Jha)

Dear Person Who Reads the Boss's Mail,

I've had my WiFi Xyboard for a couple of weeks now and I still find it very impressive. Its quality rivals and compliments my Droid RAZR. I returned a faulty Asus Transformer Prime for this Xyboard and do not regret it at all. (I contemplated exchanging the Prime.) I want to thank you and your company for making such great devices!

Almost every report from Xyboard/Xoom 2 users I've read is positive - we love our devices! Every review I've watched or read about these tablets has been very positive. The worst things I recall being said was lack of SD card and poor placement of power and volume buttons.

Given all of the above why are there so few posts on Motorola's Xboard and Xoom 2 forums? Why are there so few posts on any of the popular Android forums elsewhere? The few posts there are usually say how great this device is and ask why are there so few posts.

I see ZERO marketing/advertising from Motorola (WiFi) or Verizon (4G) Xyboard. Well, Verizon halfheartedly advertised back in December. I have no idea what promotion there is outside the US.

I get the impression that these tablets were designed only to be profitable on corporate loss sheets - if such is possible. Verizon does not even have a support forum for Droid Xyboard. If you search Verizon's support section there is none for the Droid Xyboard, only some cheesy Xyboard simulators.

I don't understand why the WiFi Xyboard is not more widely available. I'm sure Amazon, Newegg, Walmart, etc. would sell them. If it was easily available it would sell more.

I don't really expect a reply from anyone who knows why such a "tabulous" device is so poorly marketed and distributed. But maybe such a person will read this...

...but thanks for reading. Smiley Happy

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 7

Re: Xyboard why fors and what nots?

Very well said, and I've often wondered the same.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 7

Ditto.

I do think that many that buy an Android tablet are already familiar with the platform so the run-of-the-mill basic questions are not being brought up like they are in the phone threads....this may account for fewer posts overall in the Xyboard forums.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Quad4
Fanfold Paper
Message 4 of 7

eaccents said:

Ditto.

I do think that many that buy an Android tablet are already familiar with the platform so the run-of-the-mill basic questions are not being brought up like they are in the phone threads....this may account for fewer posts overall in the Xyboard forums.

That may account for some of the lack of posts. Some of it may be that this is a relatively new tablet. But I still think it's primarily due to lack of sales.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 7

quad4 said:

eaccents said:

Ditto.

That may account for some of the lack of posts. Some of it may be that this is a relatively new tablet. But I still think it's primarily due to lack of sales.

Could be!  I was at Best Buy a couple of days ago and was surprised that they didn't have any Xyboards on display...

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 7

I don't believe the Xyboard is on sale anywhere except via Moto direct. I wish it was at Best Buy - I think it would really show off next to the Samsung Galaxy iTabs.

Quad4
Fanfold Paper
Message 7 of 7

It's not available anywhere else, at least not the WiFi version.

Pure guess here: Maybe an agreement Motorola has with Verizon prevents them fro releasing it widely for X days/months.

You can buy a Xoom almost anywhere. Surely odd.

/shrug