Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveDROID by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

12-15-2007

us

7 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 1 of 4

Droid freezes after sleep, even after factory reset

2011-06-23, 6:55 AM

Assume my Droid is working, and it goes to sleep after a period of disuse, or a click on the power button to put it to sleep. Then, when I click the power to turn it back on, the screen appears but none of the controls work. When I swipe the unlock icons, nothing happens. Nothing happens when any button is pressed or any screen item is pressed.

If I merely pull the battery nothing works.

If I pull the battery and then do a hard reset, using the X plus power kay, then a reset, the phone will work fine...until it goes to sleep, when it freezes again and the only way to revive it is to do another hard reset.

I did a hard reset, and cleared all of my user data...but still the phone froze after it went to sleep.

This happens whether or not the 16 GB data chip is pulled.

It happens with a fully charged battery as well as using the power cord.

Finally, I did a factory reset and wiped out everything, so that I was starting with a new default system and a new activation.

The phone started up fine...and I could access the factory-installed apps...but when it went to sleep it froze again. When I tried to wake it I could not get by the home screen.

I had this problem starting a few days ago. Then it seemed to go away. Then a day later it started again.

Tech support could not help.

Why does going to sleep kill a phone that otherwise works perfectly?

It can't be any add on apps, because there are none.

Help would be appreciated. Soon!

Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Droid freezes after sleep, even after factory reset

2011-06-23, 12:59 PM

I imagine the reason that technical support could not help you is because it sounds very highly probable that you have a hardware problem.  One other thing that you can try is to get into recovery mode and wipe the data and cache and then continue on with the factory data reset.  If it continues to have the problem after this, it surely indicates hardware problem.   --- Dan

Options

10 Posts

12-15-2007

us

7 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 3 of 4

2011-06-24, 0:21 AM

Thanks for the reply. I did do a recovery mode data wipe and factory reset, and it did not help.

Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 4

2011-06-24, 3:31 AM

gallilaw wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I did do a recovery mode data wipe and factory reset, and it did not help.

You're very welcome, I'm sorry the recovery data/cache wipe and factory reset did not help.  This conclusively tells me you have a hardware problem.   --- Dan

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms