Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveDROID by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

139 Posts

07-03-2010

Brazil

13 Signins

241 Page Views

• Views: 241
  • Message 1 of 4

Droid speed and stability

2011-03-26, 13:01 PM

Hello Guys, how are you?

I'm from Brazil (as you can see on the left side =P) and I own a Milestone. We just received 2.2.1 upgrade and I'm trying to put together a bunch of feedbacks to make it easier for owners and Motorola to help and fix problems...

So I did a question for Droid owners there but I think you wouldn't see (since that's the Milestone area not Droid) so I repeat here:

Does the Droid has any issues related to slow performance, battery quickly drained, reboots or crazy behaviors?

I'd appreciate if Droid US owners could answer =D

Also the topic is here: https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/47668?tstart=5

Feel free to participate and share your thoughts and questions

Thank you and Best Regards

angourakis
Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Droid speed and stability

2011-03-26, 21:48 PM

One of the greatest benefits of the orignial Droid was when the Dalvik Virtual Machine was further optimized and more memory reclaimed.  While some of the behaviors you have described have been seen on some Droids, the vast majority have not experienced those problems, and if they have, many times a third party app could be traced as the underlying culprit.  Overall, the original Droid has been one of the most solid smart phones I have had the pleasure to own.    --- Dan

Options

139 Posts

07-03-2010

Brazil

13 Signins

241 Page Views

• Views: 241
  • Message 3 of 4

2011-03-27, 0:29 AM

Yep, I think both devices are great, even today! Sometimes I miss more memory on the device (256 is a good value but 512 is the standard one nowadays)

About JIT, I expected a better performance, something like twice faster than 2.1 but it's not the case =P

Anyway, do u still have your Droid? Use it daily? Just a curiosity, u use the stock launcher?

Regards

angourakis
Options

748 Posts

02-09-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2011-03-27, 23:06 PM

I agree with Dan.  About JIT, it is not going to be twice as fast but give it some time to settle in.  I still have my Droid (my wife has it now as an upgrade from her Eris) and I do not use stock launcher.  Apparently I cannot name the names of what I do or use on it.  Lets just say that she has 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) on her Droid and it is REALLY nice.  I have an X and I am a little jealous of her setup now.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms