Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miha-
SCSI Port
Views: 224
Message 1 of 21

CN4093

Hello

I have some issue with multicast as the stream stops every 2 min. I one know that there is command to get in shell on switch so that I can debug this issue with igmp.

Can you help me figure it out which command is so that I can use tpcdump? from show ip igmp "something" i can not get any appropriate info.

thank you.

miha

Lenovo Employee JVOSS2
Lenovo Employee
Views: 220
Message 2 of 21

Re: CN4093

miha-,

What version of code are you running? I will see if I can find this command you are looking for.

In the meantime, when the stream stops does it come back after some time or does it need to be re-initiated? Do you know if igmp snooping is enabled? Depending on the code I believe IGMP snooping is disabled by default which means the multicast stream should be flooded within the VLAN it receives it.

miha-
SCSI Port
Views: 191
Message 3 of 21

Hello

thank you for help!

Stream workd for about 2 or 3 min and than it stops for some time and then it start again automaticaly for 2 or 3 min.

version is:

Software Version 8.4.3 (FLASH image2), active configuration.
Boot kernel version 8.4.3

regarding igmp it is enabled:

ip igmp enable
ip igmp snoop vlan 14
ip igmp snoop vlan 330
ip igmp snoop enable

vlan 330 for this server.

br

miha

Lenovo Employee JVOSS2
Lenovo Employee
Views: 176
Message 4 of 21

Is this a new stream? Did it ever work without an issue? Are all the devices requesting this stream dropping off at the same time? Does the stream show up in the "show ip igmp groups" output?

miha-
SCSI Port
Views: 158
Message 5 of 21

Hello

this is new server, we have also one another on different vlan and it works ok. We are thinking if it could be etherchannel in this case as the only difference is that this traffic goes trough etherchannel to cn4093.

Yes, I see groups from "show ip igmp groups".

This is not yet in production so we are only testing with one device. We also try different devices but it is the same issue. We se also on badwith grpah that bandwith drops.

miha-
SCSI Port
Views: 154
Message 6 of 21

Hi

we also try without etherchannel but it is the same. 

The only difference is on switch that node1 not using UFP ports and node2 is using UFP ports.

I am also attaching show tech.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kubo6xx1end12ls/show-tect.log?dl=0

miha-
SCSI Port
Views: 138
Message 7 of 21

one quick not that we figure it out today.

1. if we put ip on interface (access mode) without vlan ip routing works, ping works and multicast works only till there is igmp report or qury sent to server (which is not received by server and then multicast drops)
2. if we do do trunk mode and we put ip on vlan on node it is the same
3. if i do access and untaged on node and on server i put ip in vlan (tag) multicast is working and server also receives query and report but l3 does not work.

so it should be something realted with UFP.

I have like this now and query and reports does not come troguht

ufp port INTA5 vport 1
network mode access
network default-vlan 3056
qos bandwidth min 10
qos bandwidth max 50
enable
exit
!
ufp port INTA5 vport 2
network mode fcoe
network default-vlan 1002
qos bandwidth min 10
qos bandwidth max 50
enable
exit
!
ufp port INTA5 vport 3
network mode access
network default-vlan 330
qos bandwidth min 10
qos bandwidth max 50
enable
exit
!
ufp port INTA5 enable

Highlighted
miha-
SCSI Port
Views: 109
Message 8 of 21

Hi

do you maybe have a clue what could be the issue? maybe bug in firmware and it need to be upgraded?

Lenovo Employee JVOSS2
Lenovo Employee
Views: 94
Message 9 of 21

Sorry for the delay.

Step 3 you mentioned changing to an access port and everything started to work except L3. Can you please elaborate on what you mean by L3 stopped working? This particular switch does not seme to be handling the routing for your networks.

miha-
SCSI Port
Views: 74
Message 10 of 21

Hello

what i meant was. If I configure on switch port as access but on Linux I still configure NIC as trunk with tagged traffic MC will work and I see igmp reports from SW (stream will not stop after around 3 min) but normal traffic will not work (ping, routing and etc, which are L3 things).

If I configure port on Linux as normall routing traffic (no tagged/ trunk thing) routing, ping will work but MC will stop after around 3 min.

Hope I make it clear.

thank you.

miha

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors