Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Employee JVOSS2
Lenovo Employee
Views: 119
Message 11 of 17

Re: Vlag on NE1032T configurfation

Where are the VMs connected? How did they test the failover?

thaya2581
Fanfold Paper
Views: 109
Message 12 of 17

HI JVOSS2,

The VM are running on Nutanix. Each node have 2 NIC. Nic 1 to SW 1 & NIC 2 to SW 2. You may refer the diagram. 

As mention by them, they did test by ping the VM and shutdown the host. So the host are connect to both SW 1 & 2.

And then customer mention need the uplink fast to be configure. Otherwise the packets will drop more then 20. You may refer the attch the test.

Thanks matt..

thaya2581
Fanfold Paper
Views: 104
Message 13 of 17

testing result

Highlighted
Lenovo Employee JVOSS2
Lenovo Employee
Views: 91
Message 14 of 17

Hello thaya2581,

I aplogize but I do not think I have enough to go on to provide you with a proper analysis. If I could receive a show tech form each switch this could show me what is going on. i would prefer this to be gathered after they attempt the test they are doing? I also, have some follow up questions:

• Is spanning tree configured? If so, are the server ports configure for edge?
    • "spanning-tree port type edge" (equivalent of portfast)
  • Can you test pulling or disabling the primary link to the server and see if the pings drop? If this is nutanix I believe the 2 ports should be in active/standby.
  • I understand the missing pings but could you please elaborate on the testing process and what is the expected behavior? The more information the better.

thaya2581
Fanfold Paper
Views: 71
Message 15 of 17

HI JVOSS2,

with attach the config. I just add the port type edge for each port..

Help to review it..

Lenovo Employee JVOSS2
Lenovo Employee
Views: 55
Message 16 of 17

thaya2581,

Thanks for this information.

Looking through the configuration I do not see any VLAG configuration. Is the top portion of the show run missing? and the ports don't seem to be configured as a lag which is necessary to create a VLAG instance. Would it be possible to send me a "show tech" from each switch in separate files. I would recommend utilizing some type of logging within your terminal because a show tech can be very large.

Also, can you let me know what port#s you are using to connect up to the servers? Based on the configuration it looks like 1, 3 and 5 but I wanted to make sure.

thaya2581
Fanfold Paper
Views: 30
Message 17 of 17

HI JVOSS2,

Let me brief actually what is the early plan:-

1) Customer purchase Nutanix with 3 nodes (each node with 2 NIC)

2) And mistakenly purchase Lenovo NE1032 x 2 unit.

The early plan was, connect all nodes NIC to direct to their customer so call core sw which is i mention Huawei (single unit).

But once customer get to know the have the Lenovo  sw 2 unit, they would like to use as stacking. 

After further studies, was found the Lenovo NE1032 does not support stacking. It only able work as VPC which is term for Cisco. But for VPC to both Lenovo sw said need to do VLAG.

There is came the VLAG part. 

So with all 6 fiber connetion from Nutanix are connected to Lenovo Sw 1 (3 fiber) & sw 2 (3 fiber). And from customer Huawei, they only have 2 port to give to us. Which mean cureent we connect 1 port to sw1 & another port to sw2. And customer site they did a LACP.

SO at Lenovo port, connection need to be created between Lenovo sw1 & 2. Thats the part we currently working on it. With port 27, port 31 peer link. And port 32 back to Huawei.

And as for port 1,3, & 5, yes its connect back to Nutanix nodes.

I'm unable to get the config on top, as away. 

So base on this, from stacking. any odea that i could work out? Agin customer sw only have 1 unit off Huawei. So no redunduncy.

Appreciated matt.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals